CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   rear sprocket f***d up!!! (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/rear-sprocket-f-d-up-75891/)

moldousa 08-16-2008 06:29 PM

rear sprocket f***d up!!!

i did -1+2 vortex and did 520 chain... a month ago.,and the rear vortex sprocket a bought italuminum black(extra life)...
now my rear sprocket is eaten up, it's like i used it for a couple a years...
i bought the kit from motosport.com(if it helps)
and i also upgraded to a barnett clutch., but no whellies, stopies, or whats so ever.
so my questions are:
1- how long should a vortex rear last??
2-are their any chances that this sprockets are under waranty???
any input will help., thank's guys!!

PlayfulGod 08-16-2008 06:46 PM

RE: rear sprocket f***d up!!!

it maybe covered, IF you made sure the rear tire n sprocket were aligned correctly. IF you had it lube and adjusted correctly. And yea it should lasted WAY longer than a month.

WOT 08-16-2008 07:00 PM

I have a few thousand miles on my Vortex sprockets and they look perfect. Sounds like your chain was not adjusted correctly, did you have a little over 1 inch slack?

Jump1979man 08-16-2008 11:32 PM

got any pics of it? And sprockets should last a very long time in terms of everyday street riding.

TK954RR 08-17-2008 12:08 AM

Out of alignment, too tight, too loose. I doubt they will cover it unless you had it installed at a dealer, then maybe they will.

thenewuser 08-17-2008 11:48 AM

iv heard alot of bad things about vortex about how the aluminum is weak and breaks/chips teeth off and stuff. you might be able to exchange it depending on the company you bought it from but usually it ends with your loss. go with stealth or afam, something with anodized steel it last alot longer

02cbrf4i4u 08-17-2008 08:21 PM

I wheelie on mine every time and I ride hard w the exact same setup...mone are fine and its been 1 year since I put them on...sounds like a problem with the install.

Xuracing 08-17-2008 08:50 PM

like everyone said should not be so bad after a month. Steel has the tensile strength of 7 times of aluminum, aluminum is weak but not that weak. it probably was an adjustment problem. human error. post some pictures up

Stephens 08-18-2008 01:06 PM

I have over 8,000 miles on my Vortex sprockets and they are like brand new spanking new. I wheelie and ride hard all the time. Maybe when you put them on the wheel they weren't tighten down enough and the slack chewed them up?

moldousa 08-19-2008 10:12 PM

well it was my first change, and i did it my self...so maybe i didn't tight something...but i made shure that the sprocket bolts where tighten enough, and that the chain slack was not more then 1-1,5 inch,and the wheels were alligned...so i don't know, i'l going to post some pics tommorow before changing back the stock sprocket