F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Rear Spools on your F4i without Swingarm Modification

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2007, 02:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Spools on your F4i without Swingarm Modification

hey guys i made an howto on adding rear spools to your f4i without having to modify your swingarm. check it out and let me know what you think!

https://cbrforum.com/m_435016/mpage_.../tm.htm#435016

Name:  DSCN0857_800.jpg
Views: 2690
Size:  67.0 KB

Last edited by axsys; 12-18-2014 at 09:15 AM.
Old 11-23-2007, 02:08 PM
Default RE: Rear Spools on your F4i without Swingarm Modification

Sweet...where did you get the spools and how much?

Old 11-23-2007, 03:13 PM

That's cute, but how do you do anything but lube the chain with that. pretty hard to change a tire if you can't pull the axle.

Old 11-23-2007, 09:10 PM

shoudlnt be that hard to take it back out same way u put it in then again how often do u need to take ur tire off to do things

Old 11-23-2007, 10:19 PM

I think that is some real original thinking.

I just might give that a try. One of the things that kinda bugs me about my stand with the pads is how it really isn't the most positive connection; the swingarm slides a bit; makes me a bit nervous.

With this the only time I'd have to worry about that is when I'm changing tires.

Old 11-23-2007, 11:56 PM

02cbrf4i4u, the spools are from T-Rex racing. I think I got them on eBay when I ordered my stands. You can check them out here(Ebay) and here (official site). $12.50 aint bad, plus they also act as sliders.

rodantking and everyone else, yes obviously you cant pull a tire with this in. But you can do much more than just lube a chain. I like to put my bike on the rear stand whenever I work on it, so I use it quite often. Also if you have to use a front stand to work on the front of your bike then you know that the rear is sturdy with the spools. Usually when I would take my bike off the padded stand, I would notice that it was in a different spot then when I put it on.

It is also very easy to take it on and off, you only have to remove the right spool, the left one stays on.

Thanks for the comments guys!

Last edited by axsys; 12-18-2014 at 09:15 AM.
Old 11-24-2007, 12:13 AM

great write-up nice job of thinking outside the box

that said, I tend to believe if your going to do something, do it right the first time
it takes a bit more work to get spools mounted properly but IMO most would be happier with the end result especially if its more functional

you can buy a swingarm on ebay, have the tabs welded on, do the swingarm swap in one day, then sell your stock swingarm on ebay and get most of your money back (might even make a profit if your lucky lol). Granted the swap itself takes a bit more work but everyone could stand to learn something new about their bikes

not bashing, just my honest opinion

Old 11-24-2007, 02:04 AM

woody, i completely agree with your opinion. it would be nice to have spools mounted permanently to the bottom of the swingarm as this wouldnt cause any problems at all (unlike mine were you cant remove the rear wheel). i may actually do that during christmas break, but working full time and going to school doesnt give me much time to swap out a swingarm when my bike is my main transportation. however i am looking at getting some bungs welded on in the future as a better solution.
________
korean girl Webcam

Last edited by axsys; 05-04-2011 at 11:16 PM.
Old 11-24-2007, 10:55 AM

I see what you doing. if you have a stand that works with or without spools this isn't a bad way around things. I would agree that any time you can use spool the safer you are.
ORIGINAL: axsys

02cbrf4i4u, the spools are from T-Rex racing. I think I got them on eBay when I ordered my stands. You can check them out here(Ebay) and here (official site). $12.50 aint bad, plus they also act as sliders.

rodantking and everyone else, yes obviously you cant pull a tire with this in. But you can do much more than just lube a chain. I like to put my bike on the rear stand whenever I work on it, so I use it quite often. Also if you have to use a front stand to work on the front of your bike then you know that the rear is sturdy with the spools. Usually when I would take my bike off the padded stand, I would notice that it was in a different spot then when I put it on.

It is also very easy to take it on and off, you only have to remove the right spool, the left one stays on.

Thanks for the comments guys!

Old 11-25-2007, 07:27 PM

Thanks...ordering mine now!

I def agree that spools are a safer way to lift your bike...plus my regular swingarm stand has ripped some of the powdercoating off of my swingarm.it now has some ugly scratches in it!!

Thanks for the info bro!

Quick Reply: Rear Spools on your F4i without Swingarm Modification