F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Rear Grab Handle Removel

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 05:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Grab Handle Removel

I just bought the Targa Rear Seat Cowl to make my banana seat on my F4i not look so gay. However, I cannot get the rear grab handle off. Does anyone know how to get it off? I have searched the forums and can't find anything.

Thanks.

Old 08-20-2008, 05:41 PM
Default RE: Rear Grab Handle Removel

those 4 alen head bolts staring at you on each side of the handle... they may be stuck, just try harder haha

Old 08-20-2008, 07:14 PM

if there stuck out some lock tite on the allen head and let it sit then bust them outta there, there a bitch if the head is stripped cuz there kinda long bolts.

Old 08-20-2008, 07:16 PM

Just take off the banana seat, look underneath the handle section and you will see where it attaches. I think it is four bolts but it might only be two I would have to take a second look. A small amount of wd-40 on the bolts might help if they are stuck on too tight. In order to make it a lot easier you might want to take off the rear fairing section. make sure you don't get too much WD-40 on anything.

Where did you get your cowl from and if you don't mind me asking how much did you pay? I have been looking for one in blue or black.

Old 08-20-2008, 07:58 PM

Thanks alot guys. I'll try those suggestions. I don't know why but they are being the biggest bitch in the world. I'm doing the Targa Seat Cowl and Competition Werkes Fender Eliminator Trick Kit. Once I get it all installed I'll post some pics. Should look pretty good.

Thanks again

[IMG]local://upfiles/29535/8EB64B511B7D4896B00B9937EC28A48E.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-20-2008, 09:02 PM

ORIGINAL: gr8honda

Just take off the banana seat, look underneath the handle section and you will see where it attaches. I think it is four bolts but it might only be two I would have to take a second look. A small amount of wd-40 on the bolts might help if they are stuck on too tight. In order to make it a lot easier you might want to take off the rear fairing section. make sure you don't get too much WD-40 on anything.

Where did you get your cowl from and if you don't mind me asking how much did you pay? I have been looking for one in blue or black.
umm ya u cant take off ur rear fairing until u take the grab bar off, not tryign to be a dick but do u even take ur bike apart at all, its a total of 4 bolts hex style with plastic chrome pieces to his the bolts. your best bet if there stripped is to do what i said or take a dremel/rotozip to make a cut to get a large flat head in there and unscrew it. his targa cowl if made by targa is bout 200 with shipping painted and 130 non painted shipped. if your gonan order plan on waitign at least 6 months since they having alot of trouble matching paint

Old 08-20-2008, 09:55 PM
Retired Moderator

6mm allen wrench and...a cheater bar? That should be the easiest thing you do on a bike beside turn the key. I have heard mixed reviews on the Targa cowel. Myself, I prefer the banana seat to the look of the Targa. I would rather do a conversion for sex appeal, but I am too lazy. Keep us posted with those pics...

P.S. My friend had to wait about six months to get his Targa. Not worth the wait I.M.H.O.

Old 08-21-2008, 01:11 PM

i have the targa on my 06 f4i. you can see it in my gallery....i like it

Old 08-21-2008, 04:16 PM

I dont understand. You say you cannot get the bar off? or you cannot get the screws off? Once you get the screws off, the grab handle should come right off. If they are stuck then use a pipe or a wrench to get more torque on the allen wrench. If the heads are stripped you can drill a hole in the middle of the screw and use an "easy out" to tap the screws. It really shouldnt be that hard.

Old 08-21-2008, 07:55 PM

ORIGINAL: 808HondaLife

I dont understand. You say you cannot get the bar off? or you cannot get the screws off? Once you get the screws off, the grab handle should come right off. If they are stuck then use a pipe or a wrench to get more torque on the allen wrench. If the heads are stripped you can drill a hole in the middle of the screw and use an "easy out" to tap the screws. It really shouldnt be that hard.
ya i agree easiest thing to get off besides turnign the key, i want updates let us know are the heads stripped or what.

Quick Reply: Rear Grab Handle Removel