F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

REALLY NEED SOME INPUT

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 09:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default REALLY NEED SOME INPUT

Okay...heres the story...I have/had a '01 F4i...I went on vacation to visit my parents back in Boston and i ened up trusting a good friend of mine with my bike. In return for borrowing it he was going to fix the tail because it had fell over in a storm and cracked the tail on my girlfriends wheel..(nice hey?)...Well one night i guess he was wasted and ended up getting on my bike to go see his girl or something....He didnt put on a helmet (state law here in michigan) and didnt come to a complete stop right in front of a cop. The cop put on his lights and the ****er bugged out...ran and ended up going down a dead end and jumping a curb causing him to lose control of the bike and crash. The bike landed in grass..but i am unsure if the frame is bent because it seems like it hit HARD on the right side...My idea is that it could be the swing arm? any ideas on this?

Secondly. If the frame is bent, or we are going to be unsure if it will be fixed after putting the swingarm on, it has been decided that he would buy the bike so i can get a new one. My question is...how much should i charge him. I want to be fair, but its kind of hard because i had two offers last week for 3800, and 4000...if i was to sell it...Now its wrecked, do i charge the actual value? Or should i say dude this is what its worth "to me" and to people who wanted to buy it?

The bike had the following:
-Flush mounts on the front
-Integrated taillight with blinkers
-Yoshi slip-on exhaust
-Double bubble tinted windshield
-Carbon fiber (fake) mirrors
-BRAND NEW MICHELIN PILOT SPORT tires (literally like maybe 100 miles on them)

OHHH..and if anyone knows of a good F4i or 600RR for around 3800-4000 and within a close area of the Upper Penninsula of Michigan please PM me....thank you!

Old 08-30-2007, 10:14 AM
Default RE: REALLY NEED SOME INPUT

My first guess is that the frame is fine. The F4i that I have went thru a hell of a lot worse crash than your describing, and my frame is fine. The only real structual damage is prolably the forks. Wanna sell the tank?

Old 08-30-2007, 10:35 AM

Nice friend!

Old 08-30-2007, 10:37 AM
Banned

Or should i say dude this is what its worth "to me" and to people who wanted to buy it?
Yes, if your buddy will buy it, sell it to him at a fair price for the bike B4 he crashed it. If he doesn't then he is a dick and it should be open season on him, whether you sue him or have the cops arrest him for using it without permission.

Old 08-30-2007, 10:38 AM

ill buy the subframe if its not damaged

Old 08-30-2007, 10:46 AM

i agree with northern...my f4i has been through a 30mph lowside on the street and a 70mph lowside on the track...my bike still runs straight as an arrow...so i doubt its the frame

honestly tho, i would charge him what it was worth before the crash...that was a really stupid and careless thing for a friend to do and he owes you every penny for it

i would say go for the prices you were being offered by others before the crash

Old 08-30-2007, 11:23 AM

bend the rest of the frame around your boys head... Sorry to hear the bad luck.

Old 08-30-2007, 11:27 AM

Definitely, he should be buying the bike at what it's worth before the crash. Otherwise, you'll be paying a portion of his stupidity/negligence. Good luck with your "friend".

Old 08-30-2007, 11:37 AM

Yeah, I agree with everyone else. He should have to pay for whatever it takes to get you a comparable bike with comparable mods. I know he's your "buddy" and you don't want to tax him. But, that was his mistake and you should not be made to pay for it.

What happened to your friend after the wreck? Did he get caught? Is he ok?

Old 08-30-2007, 02:56 PM

NEVER lend out your bikes.........come on people

Quick Reply: REALLY NEED SOME INPUT