F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Rate your Tires v. OFFICAL THREAD!

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2008, 07:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Rate your Tires v. OFFICAL THREAD!

just picked up a set of diablo corsa III's since they are the multi compound supposed to wear better for street riding, cant wait for it to warm up so i can put them on. decided to go with these over the PP mostly after reading tahoe raving about the pirellis and i didnt want something with the profile that the PP has

Old 03-23-2008, 09:07 AM

ORIGINAL: snowboarding82

I've been reading some stuff on the PP and from what I understand the 2CT are the dual compound, is that correct? If they have the same type of rubber on the outside as the regular PP has then why would anyone get the normal PP because the middle of the tire is harder for longer wear. Am I reading these things correctly?
Mike
I also was wondering the same thing...

Has anyone read anything about the Dunlop Roadsmarts? I think I am going to try these...they are a dual compound tire that wears longer in the center and is supposed to have about as good of grip as a qualifier in the turns...I have always liked my dunlops with the exception of the 207s. Im just looking for a higher mileage tire that still has good grip in the turns

I know Tahoe will reccomend the Stratas...My buddy has them and loves them but I dont care for the tread design as much and have no experience with Pirelli...if any one has any opinions on the Dunlop Roadsmart please feel free to share

Old 03-23-2008, 09:31 AM

Continental Road Attacks

I road a little bit of everything on these tires except there were no track days on them.....
I LOVED THESE TIRES
I used these tires to ride a little of everything except for track days, highway, back roads, twists/turns straight, lot of 2 up riding on them as well. If you look at other reviews of them it is always talked about how "different" they turn in and it takes getting used to. I LOVED IT THE FIRST TIME I TURNED, the bike will fall over fast into the the turn, and as stated will "slow down" with theincrease in lean angle. (it falls quick but the more you turn the slower it leans). The wear was good to great, 8000 miles on the rear and the center was just about shot, but I have to say there was a lot of two-up riding. The front was still in good shape. The grip of the tire was awesome dry and wet, and they almost talk to you. Feedback from the tires is great. Just like other reviews say, they always let you know what is going on and don't just send you sliding out of the blue. Oh yeah, and warm-up...SUPER FAST.

(*****)
FIVE STARS

Compaired to
Diablo Strata and BridgestoneBattle Axe and Michelin Macadems(worst ever)

~$105 for the front
~$135 for the rear

Other reviews
http://www.canyonchasers.net/blog/ar...ks-Tested.html
http://www.canyonchasers.net/reviews...oad-attack.php (Full 8,000 mile review)
http://www.onewheeldrive.net/index.p...amp;Itemid=130 (Wet weather performance)

SOMEONE ON THESE BOARDS NEEDS TO TRY THESE BESIDES ME, YOU WON'T REGRET IT.I am about to ditch the BattleAxe's that came of my 4i for a set.

For those of whovisit the track every now and then, try these....I have not, but they just came out and if they are anything like the Road Attacks, they will be great....Continental Sport Attacks

http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/ge...res/index.html
http://www.tiresunlimited.com/ALL%20...ort_attack.htm

Old 03-23-2008, 12:12 PM

Well id love to write a review but i just started riding. My rear sport attack has a 2 small nail holes so must be replaced, i also ran them with 20psi because of the leak (stupid me never checked the pressure) so they cupped pretty good.

I hear there good tires i mean ive only ridden em in the dry and didn't really run em hard or spiritedly. They seem to warm up fairly quick and have good dry tracion. I downshifted to 1st a couple times while cold and they gave a little wiggle but still hooked.

My next tires will be metz M3

Old 03-23-2008, 12:38 PM
Official Welcome Crew Junkie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tire #1 - Dunlost d207 *** 0-9k miles
No other description needed.....

Tire#2- Pirelli Diablo***** 9k- 15k miles
Best tire I've ridden on so far. Quick warm up, excellent front end feel, lasted about 6k miles with hundreds of track miles on them. Only got slippery when doing trackday @ Gingerman Raceway (a track that EATS tires) when the tire was almost on the wear indicators. Will definitely consider purchasing another set in the distant future. I think I paid $240 for the set thru ronayers.com.

Tire #3 - Dunlost D208 *** 15k- current (under 1k miles on them)
Take offs from friends '06 600RR had 600 miles on them. Warm up not as quick as Diablos, actually take quite awhile to warmup on the street. On the track it took more than 2 laps before they got to temp it felt like.They stuck like friggin glue once they got alot of heat in them though. Wear is excellent so far. Tire does the job I want it to do. Long wear with great track grip but it's abit lacking in the feel dept. I have another set from my friends sns 600RR also so it'll be awhile before I need to buy tires . Cost $0. Can't beat that!!

Old 03-23-2008, 10:30 PM

I had the Stock Dunlop 207's, put 5300 miles on them when they were beginning to show some pretty good wear. It was my first year on a bike so i wasnt riding too too hard. I just put Pilot Power 2CT's on this past Monday. I've put 40 miles on them or so, still going easy and breaking em in, but seem excellent so far! I got them for 250 at derbycyclesllc.com I believe their website is, check it out, best deal I found! Will report again in a few more weeks.

Old 03-23-2008, 11:00 PM

I still have the stock 207s and hate them, I only have 7k miles on the bike (didn't ride nearly as much as I wanted to last season) and even though the tires have about 1/2 the tread left, they don't seem to have any grip at all left, I'm thinking that since these are 3 years old, they are too hard, I don't have any confidenceinthe turnswith them.Been considering the Diablos or the Pilots to replace them.

Old 04-01-2008, 10:35 PM

I have a pair of sport attacks for my RR... I rode his road attacks and they were MUCH MUCH better than my stradas... I didnt think there could be such a difference because my diablos were supposed to be the ****... but compared to these they were ****... Honestly it really was amazing, pretty much the only word I can use to describe them

Old 04-01-2008, 11:46 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

#1 Metzeler m3's. Every bit as good as the Michelin ct's but a bit better priced.

#2 Michelin ct's. Best tires money can buy,see above

#3 put whatever ya want here, i wouldn't put em on my bike anyways. Gotta be #1 or #2

Old 04-02-2008, 01:32 AM

I had the dunlop 208's when i got the bike. wasn't impressed.3 out of 5
I now have pilot powers. 5 out of 5. great tire, very good grip on the track.
i've heard good things about the diablos also. Thinking about giving them a go next time!

Quick Reply: Rate your Tires v. OFFICAL THREAD!