F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

rant (strong language)

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 10:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rant (strong language)

just so everyone knows, i'm very impatient. i don't like to wait to order my parts, i don't like to wait for them to ship, and i don't like to wait to put them on. i especially hate when things don't work out because i'm missing the right tools or it just doesn't fit right.

i think all of those things happen to me on this most recent purchase. you guys can probably check it in the parts for sale section. regardless, and cutting to the chase, almost 3 weeks later, I have the parts I bought from this guy. bootleg's exhaust and a speedohealer.

i try to fit all my weekday installs within the hour or two of daylight left when i get home from work. started right away with the exhaust.

everything came off easy, went on easy. but wait, there's the o2 sensor that came with the 2006 f4i's. great. it runs lean with the sensor dangling, maybe i'll just disconnect the entire harness. where's that at? snaking it's way under the gas tank. i mean, it's not that big of a deal to lift the tank but dam, didn't want to do all that. needed to lift it anyways for the speedohealer, why not do it all at once?

got the tank off and found the o2 sensor harness and disconnected it. oh FI light...cool. further research reveals i gotta drop another 25 bucks for a o2 eliminator from dynojet. great, now i gotta wait to ride the bike till i get it. whatever.

on to the speedohealer. this is the mother****er here. this bitch is the most annoying thing i've ever had to ****ing do to any ANYTHING. EVER. let alone that it was so goddam hard to find and in such a ****ing tight space that my hand is permanently cramped. it was dark out now, well beyond the time i expected to take. and look at this

that ****ing piece of **** clip. that's allllllll the way in there. to the tightest part of the bike that a human hand can reach. i swear that someone superglued it too. no matter how contorted my hand was or at what angle i was trying to approach it, it wouldn't unclip. i somehow manage to fit a small flathead in that ****er and it still wouldn't budge. i had to find a ****ing miniature tool kit to fit in that ****ing crevice to pry that mother****er apart, wedging a flathead in the clip and pulling on it with pliers, all the while operating said tools with one hand and holding on with two fingers of the other.

anyways...long enough post. i ended up getting it all put together, speedo and exhaust. i was just too lazy to put the fairings back on. gotta wait for the o2 eliminator anyways so i'll wait to finish it all.

i do apologize for the language. i hope i didn't offend anyone too much. i'm usually much more polite and well-spoken compared to this garbage. it reflects my frustration.

Old 08-11-2010, 10:28 PM

oooo coool it auto censors...i'm quite amazed.

Last edited by heyitsmelam; 08-11-2010 at 10:32 PM.
Old 08-11-2010, 10:38 PM

As for the harness clip, I found a good long flathead screwdriver and a long 90° pick go a long way. Used them all the time when I worked at the dealer, in those tight hard-to-reach places. Be patient and enjoy the ride when everything is all back together!

Old 08-11-2010, 10:43 PM

Damn Lam. I am like you. Hate to wait for parts..track the chit out of them..and when deliveries go wrong or take longer than expected, I throw a 4 yr old hissy Sounds like you were stoked to squeeze both installs in in the little daylight you had and everything that could go wrong did..This has happened to me and yes I have gotten quite furious many a time. Its funny bc when I received my bootleg, the first thing I noticed was that there was a 02 bung and my 01 dosen't have a o2 sensor...I went out on my lunch break with my goddamn bootleg in hand and walked through the store fitting in bolts..eventually found the correct metric sized bolt in the shortest length possible which was still too long..called 20 shops all to hear them say the wont "mess with emissions crap" even after I explained its a fricking spot weld Im providing everything and it has nothing to do with emissions my bike doesnt even have a sensor!! Eventually found a local guy who cut down the bolt and welded it up perfect...

It sounds like everything has been taken care of though so congrats but ya man that sucks you've got to wait for the o2 eliminator..

DO you mind me asking what bootleg you got? Any pics of it and or your bike?

ps. HID's should be in tomorrow so Ill give you a ring either tomorrow night or Friday..its funny you mentioned you were fighting daylight..I do that all the time after getting home at 6:30pm each day...chit..that may be the case with the HID install should I attempt it tomorrow

Old 08-11-2010, 10:46 PM

To your first post here...sorry that you had such a rough time. If i could offer you any suggestions I would. I didn't know the 06 all had o2 sensors...I thought it was just a California thing.

Originally Posted by heyitsmelam
oooo coool it auto censors...i'm quite amazed.
I hate to say this....but that ^^^ made my day or at least put a smile on my face. I hope the Eliminator install goes better for you.

Last edited by Xander F4i; 08-12-2010 at 12:37 PM.
Old 08-11-2010, 10:55 PM

What these bootleg slip-ons everyone seems to be talking about? Sorry if that's a noob kind of question...or one with an obvious answer.

Sorry if my previous post came of cold and heartless.

Last edited by Xander F4i; 08-11-2010 at 10:58 PM. Reason: correct spelling of wrong word to right word
Old 08-11-2010, 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by Lucentinjection
As for the harness clip, I found a good long flathead screwdriver and a long 90° pick go a long way. Used them all the time when I worked at the dealer, in those tight hard-to-reach places. Be patient and enjoy the ride when everything is all back together!
thanks for the tip man. i don't mind taking it easy this weekend. a little tax free shopping (oh em gee i love shuzzz), quality time with a girl for once instead of a motorcycle, and maybe finally get back on my modern warfare 2 ****. btw...any takers? haha

Originally Posted by 600F4inoober

It sounds like everything has been taken care of though so congrats but ya man that sucks you've got to wait for the o2 eliminator..

DO you mind me asking what bootleg you got? Any pics of it and or your bike?

ps. HID's should be in tomorrow so Ill give you a ring either tomorrow night or Friday..its funny you mentioned you were fighting daylight..I do that all the time after getting home at 6:30pm each day...chit..that may be the case with the HID install should I attempt it tomorrow
wanna trade? hahaha i kid. i got the same tip as your's but it's a bronze color now. i know your's looks like it has a hint of red or something. i'll get some pics up after my photoshoot next weekend haha.
and yea bro, do it tomorrow. it's easy and can be done without light. what's my time? 9 or 10? so yea, i'll be able to walk you through it.

Originally Posted by Xander F4i
What these bootleg slip-ons everyone seems to be talking about? Sorry if that's a noob kind of question...or one with an obvious answer.

Sorry if my previous post came of cold and heartless.
no worries man, it was actually a joke in hopes of making everyone feel easier to comment on my post. i enjoyed it.

and bootleg_ is actually back on the scene guys!
Found THIS a week or two ago AFTER i hooked up with some schmuck for the sale of his used one. Spoke to Tom a bit about the product and the man is back on it. Custom exhausts that look and sound spectacular. little bit of googling will make you want one guaranteed. He even had these limited edition tips man...looked sick. HERE

I hope Tom sees this and comments. free plug bro!

Last edited by heyitsmelam; 08-11-2010 at 11:15 PM.
Old 08-11-2010, 11:18 PM

Dayymmm and here I was thinking I had a collectors item...wait bootleg...stop making them damnit...
Name:  DSCN0362.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  98.8 KB

Lam..quick question..how do I start the HID install...meaning what plastics need to be taken off (i.e windscreen/front cowel off or front cowel loosened..Ive never messed with the front cowel, only the side fairings)

Old 08-11-2010, 11:32 PM

1. organize your kit and tools
2. remove windscreen
3. we'll start with low beams, so remove the harness from the back of the left bulb if you're sitting on the bike, right if you're looking at the bike.
4. remove dust jacket
5. unclip the clip that's holding the bulb in place and remove the bulb.
6. then here's where it gets a bit different from the guides you've seen, so call me then.

take pics for a write up!

Old 08-12-2010, 12:24 AM

What kind of speedohealer did you get?

Quick Reply: rant (strong language)