F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Raising the bike

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 03:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raising the bike

I bought my '03 used and it was lowered, i believe an inch or so... on an offramp i scraped the exhaust under the bike so i'm gonna raise it back up. Now i've heard alot about the "dogbone" but i can't find anything under there that resembles a dogbone link. where i assume the link would go there is a big threaded bolt that looks adjustable but i don't know if this is how its lowered... I'll try to get some pics up but in the time being if anyone has some ideas or pics of that area of the bike i would appreciate it.

Old 07-07-2008, 03:28 PM
Default RE: Raising the bike

ok, little update. i was looking on bike bandit and the stock assembly and it seems that where the dogbone link should go, i have some sort of adjustable bolt. i've never seen or heard of it so it must be some kind a fabrication. What should i do, get a stock link or keep the adjustable and just raise it back up?

Old 07-07-2008, 03:35 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: DBEAU

ok, little update. i was looking on bike bandit and the stock assembly and it seems that where the dogbone link should go, i have some sort of adjustable bolt. i've never seen or heard of it so it must be some kind a fabrication. What should i do, get a stock link or keep the adjustable and just raise it back up?
if you have an adjustable link on it, using the stock height hole will work just fine. Do they have the forks raised in the triples too?

Old 07-07-2008, 03:42 PM

yeah the front is dropped as well. but its not an adjustable link like you are thinking. Imagine if you will where the dog bone would go... where the bottom end of the link would go there is a block of steel and the top bracket holds a big bolt. the bolt threads into the steel block with nuts securing each end. I know its hard to imagine which is why im gonna get pics up but its something i've never seen before.

Old 07-07-2008, 03:46 PM

I found this on ebay, its similar to what i found on my bike but mine is a little less pretty

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda...spagenameZWDVW

Old 07-07-2008, 03:48 PM

yeah the front is dropped as well. but its not an adjustable link like you are thinking. Imagine if you will where the dog bone would go... where the bottom end of the link would go there is a block of steel and the top bracket holds a big bolt. the bolt threads into the steel block with nuts securing each end. I know its hard to imagine which is why im gonna get pics up but its something i've never seen before.
k gothca, thread it all the way up or find a stock dogbone. (I'll have one I can sell in a week or so )

Old 07-07-2008, 04:00 PM

That would be perfect, i was looking at bikebandit.com and other similar sites and it seems i can't just buy the dogbone, they want to sell the whole "rod assembly" with the nuts and bolts and washers and all that crap. let me know when you're lookin to get rid of it, i'll be glad to take it off your hands. Are you lowering yours?

Old 07-07-2008, 04:16 PM

That would be perfect, i was looking at bikebandit.com and other similar sites and it seems i can't just buy the dogbone, they want to sell the whole "rod assembly" with the nuts and bolts and washers and all that crap. let me know when you're lookin to get rid of it, i'll be glad to take it off your hands. Are you lowering yours?
mines all stock. I am putting a 600RR swingarm on as soon as my new chain n sprockets come in

you got one like this right?

This is what mine has;

Old 07-07-2008, 04:29 PM

yea mine is similar in that it is adjustable by threads. and yea the one you got is what i need i guess. but let me ask you this... Are all stock springs red like that?

Old 07-07-2008, 04:36 PM

yea mine is similar in that it is adjustable by threads. and yea the one you got is what i need i guess. but let me ask you this... Are all stock springs red like that?
I dunno lol. I've seen F4i's with yellow springs. The 600RR & 1000RR shocks I got have yellow springs too. I asked if maybe the color represented weight ratings but he didnt know either.

Quick Reply: Raising the bike