F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Raised FootPegs

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 05:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raised FootPegs

I was wondering if there were any type of footpegs that were set up higher on the F4i. When im going around corners at high speed, I keep hitting the sides of my shoes on the pavement. I just wanted something to bring my legs up a little higher.

Let me know guys and gals

Old 05-01-2006, 07:13 PM
Default RE: Raised FootPegs

Nice. I've been around turns at what I thought was fast and NEVER had that problem, LOL. Props to you and everyone else on this forum with that issue. I wanna have that problem some day...

Old 05-01-2006, 07:52 PM

haha, well i dont know if im really that good at taking corners but when im going around some of them pretty hard I raise my foot off of the peg just a little bit because the outside of my foot hits sometimes. Maybe I should be curving my heel in and sticking my knee out like the racers do... I already move my butt from one side of the seat to the other in the twisties but I didnt think it was absolutely necessary to stick the knee out.

Old 05-01-2006, 08:22 PM

Try having the ball of your foot right on the peg, if you don't already. Also, what I do is keep my toes / heel inline with the bike as much as possible, instead of the heels in / toes out style for comfort. I have toe sliders on my boots and haven't scraped the ground with them yet.

Old 05-01-2006, 09:16 PM

Oh, almost forgot...try turning the bike quicker by using a later entry point in the turn at the same speed. The quicker you turn the bike, the less lean angle you'll use - at the same given speed. That way, you won't drag any parts. It'll lean faster, but not as far.

Old 05-01-2006, 10:44 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dan mang...you can't just stick yo toosh out, you gots to get off the bike mang...i mean hang off like a monkey!
but you can go with aftermarket rearsets or just get the rearset adaptor plates...

but mang...knees will be sore after lots of miles...and remember...hang off like a monkey...yes...like a monkey...or the loogie stuck at the ceiling of any men's locker room, or gummy bears stuck on the ceiling of any classroom, or...you get the pix mang!

Old 05-02-2006, 12:51 AM

haha, yea, thats what I do, people that ride with me that dont hit the corners as hard as I do are always thinkin "what the hell is he doing" I just said my *** because that is what most people think of when you see someone sticking out the side, "they are sticking their *** out" is what comes to mind with most.

Anyways, whichever side is on the high side, Pretty much the only thing left on that side of the bike is from the knee down, or very close to that.

Dwhite & Tahoe, thanks for the advice though.

I need to get some video, If I think about it, I will take a camera and tripod with me to some of the twisties and tape me goin around some of them. Probably a good idea to bring a friend also.

Old 05-02-2006, 12:13 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

don't wipe out dude...cause then you'll take out the camera or a camera mang...
get some pix of you hitting corners...i can't view vids at work...and i can't go no the internet at home...too many boobie sites so i'm on those instead...;-)

Old 05-02-2006, 01:37 PM

HAHA, thats hilarious

Anyways, I'll try to get some up soon, Its been raining here quit a bit the last couple days so im gonna have to wait for a sunny day.