F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Racing Kit for F4i

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2006, 10:20 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Racing Kit for F4i

Thinking of retiring the CBR from the street and going track. Anyone know if there are racing pistons/cams/ etc. made for the F4i? I already have a bid on some racing plastics and a new windscreen since some tracks frown on double bubbles. I googled a search on racing kits and came up blank quite a few times. (Besides, I think you guys are a better search engine anyway.) [sm=feedback.gif]

Old 11-04-2006, 11:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Racing Kit for F4i

hey matt i think the guy that im buying the bike from has some used racing fairings

Old 11-04-2006, 11:37 PM

That sounds pretty cool. By chance would you know who manufactured them? I'm looking at Armour Bodies right now.

Old 11-05-2006, 02:46 AM

armour bodies is great stuff, just stay far far away from hotbodies
just remember whatever you get to check the clearance between the lower fairing and exhuast, i've got a nice black burn spot on my lower lol a piece of foil tape took care of it

the only problem with double bubble screens is that some race orgs don't allow them in stock classes because it gives an aerodynamic advantage over stock profile
I've got a DB for trackdays and a standard profile for racing

skip the engine work though unless you just have a crapload of money to burn

Old 11-05-2006, 12:08 PM

i have no clue i'll ask him next time i see him..
hey woody whats a ruckus pit bike?

Old 11-05-2006, 03:08 PM

ORIGINAL: woodyracing

armour bodies is great stuff, just stay far far away from hotbodies
just remember whatever you get to check the clearance between the lower fairing and exhuast, i've got a nice black burn spot on my lower lol a piece of foil tape took care of it

the only problem with double bubble screens is that some race orgs don't allow them in stock classes because it gives an aerodynamic advantage over stock profile
I've got a DB for trackdays and a standard profile for racing

skip the engine work though unless you just have a crapload of money to burn

10-4 on the engine work. Thanks...

Old 11-05-2006, 05:54 PM

HRC makes a kit for the F4-i

HRC Kit Link :::Click Me:::

Old 11-06-2006, 01:41 PM

yo...if you're retiring street, and going track...then do your suspension first...then when you can corner well and everything and still need more power...then bust the HRC kit...but if you're not racing, only tracking it, you do not need to go that route.

Old 11-06-2006, 02:19 PM

Does HRC offer suspension kits or how about Öhlins? Thanks for the advice tahoe.

Old 11-06-2006, 02:26 PM

DAMN MANG! you should've posted up earlier!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

there was an a few ohlins rear for sale for F4i...like 550, usually run 1000-1200! oh mang...keep an eye out...
yes, you want ohlins springs up front and ohlins, penske or elka rear shock...and you want the spring set up for your weight plus weight of the bike...

you'll also want to revalve the front...i would recommend racetech gold valves or ohlins kit...it's up to you mang...

have a suspension shop build it for you with aftermarket internals but use OEM rubber parts and seals ok?!?!?!

front rebuild to super track worthy will be like 600 bucks, including oil, labor, and parts...rear...you just need to get it...i bought the cheaper penske for like 700...rides much better than stock! they will dial it in for you if you have suspension work don...in total, i say you'll spend at most...1500 on suspension if you buy new and much less if you can get that ohlins rear used! you'll want 46prxls...but cls will work too! the x has more adjustments...don't need unless you're like AMA racing...

after this, you'll feel like your bike is riding on rails...then you hit up the HRC stuff for the straight away so you kick **** in turns AND coming out of the hole and straight!

suspension is important cause if it's not set up right, when you hit the turns, the suspension bottoms out and you can't lean as hard, and you run wide coming out of turns. woodyracing can give you tons of advice as he built his f4i for tracking it...but his ****e is always broken! hahahah

don't forget the rearsets mang! or else you'll be dragging the stock around corners.

t

Quick Reply: Racing Kit for F4i