F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

question for those who run naked f4is.

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 12:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default question for those who run naked f4is.

so im thinking about running my f4i half-naked for awhile. i dont have both lower fairings or the inner fairing(?), so does anyone know how to secure the upper fairing without having the bolt on the lowers? i only see it being secured to the frame by the mirror bolts, dont wanna ride at high speeds only to have the wind rip the upper fairing off.

off topic question, got a stock muffler off another forum, do i really need those rubber pieces to mount the muffler to footpeg? im thinking of just using bolts and fat washers.

later.

Old 01-09-2009, 01:54 PM
Default RE: question for those who run naked f4is.

i say use zip ties.... i dont know man i had mine naked b4 but just got everything painted

Old 01-09-2009, 03:06 PM

ORIGINAL: loudninja

so im thinking about running my f4i half-naked for awhile. i dont have both lower fairings or the inner fairing(?), so does anyone know how to secure the upper fairing without having the bolt on the lowers? i only see it being secured to the frame by the mirror bolts, dont wanna ride at high speeds only to have the wind rip the upper fairing off.

off topic question, got a stock muffler off another forum, do i really need those rubber pieces to mount the muffler to footpeg? im thinking of just using bolts and fat washers.

later.

I think what looks the best if you are going to go with the streetfigher look is to replace the whole from headlight assembly. Go with bar end mirrors, and new headlights. Wire off the tip over sensor and go with some headlights like these.

I think dominator makes some pretty cool dual headlights, check out motostrano as well...........you are looking at some cutting and work either way you go, but serisouly zip ties?!?!?!?!?!?!.........hell no.........spend some time and make it look good, it will be worth it in the end.

-

as for the rubber pieces, they are used to damping to keep the exhaust from rattling and road noise, while not necessary, i would use em if you could. Maybe head to home depot and find some grommet or something that fits, and use it.

Old 01-09-2009, 05:25 PM

appreciate the replies.
not looking to do streetfighter look though, jus temporary till i can find some fairings.

Old 01-09-2009, 08:11 PM
July 2008 ROTM

It should be fine. The upper fairing is hardly secured by the side fairings - more the other way around.

Old 01-09-2009, 08:59 PM

do you have your intake hose covers? those add support

Old 01-09-2009, 09:52 PM

Europeans go naked

Old 01-11-2009, 03:55 AM

i ran my f4i as is with no side fairings when it was getting painted. its fine it might flap a little but nothing is going to break or get loose. i wouldnt worry about it

Old 01-11-2009, 10:46 AM

i ran mine with just the front and tail fairings for a few weeks and loved it. no problems what so ever.

Old 01-11-2009, 03:44 PM

thanks for the replies. problem solved.

Quick Reply: question for those who run naked f4is.