F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Question for Scorpion SR-i500 Alarm

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2007, 04:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question for Scorpion SR-i500 Alarm

There's a guy that's in my area selling the alarm with the perimeter sensor.

He had a gsxr750 and he parted out the parts before selling the bike so hopefully it's in good condition. He's gonna sell it to me for $75 if I want it. Can't pass up this deal. It's the 2 way remote also, not just the 1 way.

My question is...

According to scorpioalarms.com, they also sell a connector kit for the bike you have so it makes connecting the wires and everything simple and fast. Since the I have an f4i, do I need the connector kit ($20 + S/H) from the website, or is installation still possible without it? I'm not gonna be the one installing it, a local shop will.

From what I think, it's still possible to install the alarm without the connector kit... BUT the connector kit just makes ita lot easier to install. If buying the connector kit reduces the time by a lot, I'd rather spend an extra $20 than pay an extra hour of labor at the shop ($80).

Also... how long does it take to install the alarm?

Old 02-24-2007, 12:38 PM
Default RE: Question for Scorpion SR-i500 Alarm

Well, the connector is a plug in and play type deal, so if you buy it, you should be able to do it with not a problem. Even ifyou do decide to take it to the stealership, it will spend up their time to, but usually they wont charge for less than and hour anyway. ITs up to you, but without the harness it will take atleast an hour for themtoput it, so I would ask if they charge for less than an hour,cause if they dont, there is no point spending $28 on the harness.

Old 02-24-2007, 05:10 PM

+1 get the harness. save you a lot of headache. Installation is very easy, I did my less than 30 mins.

Old 02-24-2007, 07:06 PM

No question get the harness!!!! Installation is a piece of cake with it. Do it youself and don't let a shop mess you bike up! Besides, this way you won't have to cut any of those wires in you beautiful bike. I got mine for 5 bucks on E-bay!

Old 02-25-2007, 02:02 AM

where did you get one for 75 bucks, my bike was stolen awhile back but every dealership i have called wants like 500 for the alarm and alike 200 to install it, if you have any refrences that would be awesome.
thanks

Old 02-25-2007, 03:37 AM

hey amnesia... exactly what do I have to look up on ebay to find it? Lemme know... would be very helpful. Also... is it really easy to install? Do I have to take apart the fairings or anything? Where do I put the main controller? I'll look for a DIY or threads about this...

and 02f4isailor... if a dealer's asking for $500... HO DAMN. LoL. If you go to scorpioalarms.com, it's only $300 right now and most shops here are telling me they'll charge me an hour's labor ($78). But if it's simple enough I'll install it myself. And one of my friends sold his GSX-R and parted it out before selling. So I had dibs on the alarm. Still in good condition.

Old 02-25-2007, 07:35 AM

thanks, i will check it out.

Old 02-25-2007, 09:47 AM

I'd get the harness and do it myself. That way, you know it's done the way you want it to be done. The scorpio alarms are good alarms and straightforward to install.

Old 02-25-2007, 08:14 PM

Ddaren:

I got my scorpio for $200 on E-Bay (new in box). They're easy to find. I just got lucky on the wiring harness, but they are worth paying full price for definitely! The install is a piece of cake. No fairing removal. just unplug a few connectors under seat at back and voila. The only cutting you have to do is if you want to install anti hijack module (I haven't yet). The toughest part is placement of the main control module. It works best when flat, and after much trying, I just mounted it with double sided sticky tape at the very back under the seat latch. Definitely do it your self.

NB: most internet sellers are selling the '05 model which can't be used with the new smaller waterproof transmitter. If you want this transmitter be sure to get the NEW controller (it costs much more)

Amnesia

Old 02-26-2007, 06:42 AM

Does anybody know if there's a detailed DIY thread on scorpio alarms on f4i's? or a video?

I ordered the connector kit for an F4i from scorpioalarms.com and it should be in within a week. I have an aftermarket brake light (integrated blinkers), I hope the connector kit will still be as easy as it sounds even if it's not the stock brake light.

Quick Reply: Question for Scorpion SR-i500 Alarm