F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

programmable ecu

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 03:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Programmable ECU

Hi guys,

We bought a F4i for track racing purposes which was used bij Zon Racing in 2001/2002. This morning the bike went for a run on the dyno and the chart came out really bad. Top power was fine but several spykes with loss off power were displayed. As the AFR on that same timestamp was beneath 11.

After investigation we discovered that the ECU of this F4i was programmable but we can not find the brand or someone who can program the ecu for us, so the question from Europe arises: can someone, anyone please point us to the direction of somebody who can tell us more about the type of programmable ecu's used in our F4i track bike? All help is greatly appreciated!

Last edited by Yuri; 03-29-2011 at 10:52 AM.
Old 03-26-2011, 03:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Juicebox maybe?

Old 03-26-2011, 04:07 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's crazy I have never seen that before.

Old 03-26-2011, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by Krux
That's crazy I have never seen that before.
I know feelin the same way, can find zip on the net about the thing ... nothing nada ... no company no brand no type arrghh

Last edited by Yuri; 03-29-2011 at 04:46 AM.
Old 03-26-2011, 04:20 PM

Japanese...

it might be a one off specifically built for that bike. Either way, good luck ive never seen anything like it!

Old 03-27-2011, 02:22 PM

open it up and look for any manufacturer marks/names/numbers inside or on the chipsets and stuff. whatever it is thats in there

Old 03-28-2011, 02:44 AM

just verified that the language is japanese, probably Katakana ... should have the translations soon ...

Friend of mine says the stickers say something like FURASH ITSUYU maybe a brandname Furashi Tsuyu and the second sticker it says 2.1 .... still the mystery remains

Did contact TenKate racing and they did tell me this is
HRC / Keihin branded. They also told me that they do not have the equipement anymore to program this ecu ....

Last edited by Yuri; 03-28-2011 at 07:58 AM.
Old 03-28-2011, 11:23 AM
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

Why not just ditch this setup and run a stock ecu with power commander or something similar?

Old 03-28-2011, 01:43 PM

Goede dag.

That ecu is pretty bad ***. If it were me, I'd personally put it on a shelf as a one-off racing part. If you want to sell it, let me know.

I doubt you're gonna find much info on it as it is 10 year old racing "technology".

Old 03-29-2011, 03:58 AM

Originally Posted by boredandstroked
Why not just ditch this setup and run a stock ecu with power commander or something similar?
True, one of the possibilities, but right now we're in the process of identifying this piece of ancient rock. Plus, we're not aware of the exact current condition of the possible, for race purposes adapted, cable harness and removed/disabled sensors which is most likely the case with professional track bikes. This can cause the original ecu to vomit a bunch of nasty error codes which I am not familiar with!

Meanwhile i located a tuner who told me he could program this particular ecu but he claims that the application he uses only runs under windows95. Problem is, he hasn't got a machine running that OS anymore .... so the story continues ...

Originally Posted by brveagle
Goede dag.

That ecu is pretty bad ***. If it were me, I'd personally put it on a shelf as a one-off racing part. If you want to sell it, let me know.

I doubt you're gonna find much info on it as it is 10 year old racing "technology".
Howdy and what do you mean by bad ***? As in a 'rockin, state of the art piece of race equipment' or in 'please throw that unreliable, so not accurate and even worse than a PC1 trash, away!'

Can you explain why this ecu is in your eyes a one-off racing part? Please do feel free sharing your (technical?) knowledge concerning this particular ecu! Selling though might be an option ...

To be honest we even got two of these ecu's, one working ecu and one service ecu. With the service ecu the starter cranks but the bike refuses to run ... We have no idea what or where the 2nd ecu is used for. It even has more external configuration options like a manual switch etc ...

Last edited by Yuri; 03-29-2011 at 04:31 AM.

Quick Reply: programmable ecu