F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

a problem or just an over reaction?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 06:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a problem or just an over reaction?

Ok, well I recently just made a 10 hour ride to get my bike home form collage, man am I sore. But I had a few questions. I was riding it the other day, after I got it home, and I noticed 2 things. One, there is a rattling type sound when I hit EXCATALY 6k rmp. I have read up on it and I am pretty sure it is my CCT, but just wanted your opinion to if it really Is that or not. Now the second thing is, while I was cruzing around, I kept it under about 5k…but right after 5k and up the whole bike vibrates, a lot. I know bikes are supposed does that, but it kind of worries me. I for the life of me cannot remember if it did that before my 660-mile adventure lol. I may be just overreacting and being a squid, but I just feel like it is really vibrating a lot…under 5k it seems to just purr along, then above that its like vibrating my *** and such, lol. Sorry if im being dumb, but im just worried hehe.

Old 05-14-2007, 06:14 PM
Default RE: a problem or just an over reaction?

I don't know about the rattling at 6K, I'd get a dealer or expirianced rider to feel it.
But for the vibration over 6K, it definitly should not be there. the bike vibrates over 6k just like it does under 6k, which is very little.
I've got my F4i for just over 3 month and 1K miles, but I've had CBR's for more then a decade [&:]

Old 05-14-2007, 09:26 PM

Sounds like a CCT problem to me.

Old 05-14-2007, 10:03 PM

+1 on the cct, but the vibration @5k, better get that checked out.

Old 05-15-2007, 01:08 AM

i have 0 vibration at 6K is this just a few bikes that experience this?

Old 05-15-2007, 04:22 AM

Well at least the CCT is not TOO big of a problem thanks. I went and rode around today a bit more to check out the vibration issue. I Guess in my mind I had it out to be much worse than it actually is. It still does vibrate, but gradually as I climb rpms....which is normal, at leastI expect it is. SoI think all is fine and well...like i said i guess i just over reacated lol.....first bike and dont want any problems hehe thanks for the replies

Old 05-15-2007, 06:05 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how close are you to an oil change? my bike quietened down a lot after I changed oil+filter last time [&:]
also cct problems are usually in a range of rpm, if it's a buzzing sound exactly at 6k and goes away if the rpm is even a shade different, it's probably something else (I had a similar problem temporarily but now I cant reproduce it)

Old 05-15-2007, 07:02 PM

I have an 02 and mine rattles at 6k rpms. Below 6 no noise, at 6 its rattle, like 6.5 or and above then no noise. I always figured it was the cct but now maybe not. When i'm riding in the 7 and up range i feel the vibration in my hands but I never notice it unless I'm on the bike for more than hour.

Old 05-15-2007, 08:32 PM

I was thinking about that very question not too long ago. I bought the bike from the dealer, i didn't ask, but i assume that they did an oil change on it before they put it out for sale on the floor. But even so i have put 1000 miles on it already and I was thinking about doing a change on it here pretty quick. So i guess I'll give that a shot and if nothing eles I'll have nice new oil for my baby lol. as for the rattling sound...the best way i can describe it is that no noise at 5.9ish k or above 6.2ish k. In between thoes two rpm ranges, the best way i can descrbie the sound is it sounds like metal cloths hangers clanging together...but it is not constant, even when im in betwenn the rpm range. it will rattle like that for a sec then stop....then rattle again like 4 or 5 sec later... i dont know maybe it'll be ok? lol also i notice the noise mostle when dropping into the 5.9k to 6.2k rpm..not as much when i accelarate into that range of rpm.

Old 05-18-2007, 01:34 AM

My vibrates so bad my hands fall asleep, like after 2 minutes on the highway. then agian maybe i am just a *****.

Quick Reply: a problem or just an over reaction?