F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Problem With Instrument Panel

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 05:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem With Instrument Panel

Hello. I have a bone stock 2003 CBR600F4i. It has 20,000km on it and it's well taken care of. I have a problem with the gauges or instrument panel. Only the clock works, as well as the indicator lights for the high beams and turn signals. The tachometer does not work at all, nor does the speedometer or odometer/trip computer. The neutral light does not go on, nor does the FI light. Other than that, the bike itself runs fine and starts up fine. However, I don't want to ride around without knowing how fast I'm going or what RPM I'm in. If anyone has any advice I would greatly appreciate it. I tried disconnecting the battery to see if that works, but it didn't. I don't know what else to do, and I don't want to buy another instrument panel. I also don't want to take it to a mechanic as I can't afford the $100/hour rate that they charge. Thanks for your input. Thanks! Ride safe.

Old 09-26-2006, 06:13 AM
Default RE: Problem With Instrument Panel

First and easiest thing would be to check the fuse for the cluster. The tach and speedo might work on a different fuse from the rest of the gauge lights.
Second is to check the connection on the back of the cluster.

Old 09-26-2006, 02:10 PM

get to the back of the cluster and unscrew it from the upper fairing stay. Unscrew two screws that hold the wiring into the plastic backing and pop that cover off. There are two connectors that plug in there and one may be disconnected. All you have to do is plug those back in...I had the same problem with mine after my crash. It pulled out one of those and only the clock and neutral light would work.

Old 10-02-2006, 04:41 AM

Thanks guys, I found out a fuse was blown. I don't know why it blew, but I replaced it and everything works great now. Thanks!

Old 10-09-2006, 02:19 AM

Hi I just reciently bought a 2001 F4i and am having a similar problem. The Tach, clock, and warning lights work although, The the speedometer and Odometer work when they want to which isnt that often. My FI light is lit up too and when I put my kickstand down the FI light starts flashing. would anyone know whats going on? Do I have two different problems or is the Speedometer and the FI light a related problem? I`m trying to avoid taking my bike to the dealer and getting charged out the a$$ to get it fixed. Thanks for any help you may have!!!

Old 10-11-2006, 03:40 AM

I think your FI indicator light is a separate problem. My instrument panel problem was due to a burnt out fuse. Check your fuses, as mentioned earlier. Also, check the connection between the instrument panel and the wiring, although I doubt that's the source. As for your FI indicator light, that can be so many things. How does the bike run? The FI indicator light should turn off shortly after you start the bike.

Old 05-02-2021, 07:34 AM
Default Having the same issue

Where was the fuse located having the same issue!

QUOTE=Cry For The Devil;169834]Thanks guys, I found out a fuse was blown. I don't know why it blew, but I replaced it and everything works great now. Thanks![/QUOTE]

Old 05-02-2021, 08:51 AM
Super Moderator
Received 496 Likes on 449 Posts

Fuse box is located near the battery under the seat.

Old 10-04-2023, 04:09 PM

hi. I have the same problem but i think is because the rectifier was malfunctioning . only the clock is stuck at one time i.e. 0110 hrs and only the warning/indication lights and the neutral light is working now.
i took the whole unit to a technician and i have been told that the LCD display was burned.
have you fixed yours?

Old 10-04-2023, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by Austin Peters
Where was the fuse located having the same issue!

QUOTE=Cry For The Devil;169834]Thanks guys, I found out a fuse was blown. I don't know why it blew, but I replaced it and everything works great now. Thanks!
[/QUOTE]
hi. I have the same problem but i think is because the rectifier was malfunctioning . only the clock is stuck at one time i.e. 0110 hrs and only the warning/indication lights and the neutral light is working now.
i took the whole unit to a technician and i have been told that the LCD display was burned.
have you fixed yours?