F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Prices for mech's

Old 07-23-2005, 02:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prices for mech's

Well I am in the wrong buisness... Just had my rear tire changed, and an 8k servicing. Labor as 72 an hour!!!![:'(] WTF. They aren't doing anything I normally wouldn't do myself, just can't living in an apartment environment. I have had it. no longer will I take my bike to someone else for a service, I can use that kinda $$$ for mods and paint. But enough of that.

Anyone know of a paint company who has the "black chrome" paint that is of good quality and won't dull with clear coat? The paint looks like hemetite rocks. Wanna do some work with this stuff.

Old 07-23-2005, 04:16 AM
Default RE: Prices for mech's

Thats waht the shops charge man. Your best bet is always remove all the fairs but bring your headlamp with you, (the killswitch is wired to the headlamp harness). This cuts down on some of the labor time. Also what service did you have done. I do most of my own service and im no mechanic. But I change my oil 3 or4 times a season (11 a filter, plus oil), Radiators fluid once a season (12 bucks), Spark plugs once a year (75 bucks), and I reoil my K&N filter once or twice a season. The dealer usually tries to charge 300 for oil, and plugs so I save by doing this

Old 07-23-2005, 04:28 AM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

$300 for oil and plugs????!!!?!! Enough already -- bring it to me ... I'll do it for $200 and have it back to ya the same day

Old 07-23-2005, 11:59 AM

Nah i just do all that myself, the only time my bike goes to the shop is for inspection, and CCT adjustments

Old 07-25-2005, 11:28 AM

Whats a reasonably priced brand for swing arm and front fork stands? I am gonna start saving myself a grip of money. Well is metalic burnt orange a common color for our bikes? I have finally decided on a color scheme for my bike and some major mods for this winter. I am going to change out all the turn signals for the ones from either a KTM 950, or a Buell Firethinggy, their stock lights look much better and are still DOT approved. I am gonna swap out my jet ski rear end for the 03 tail. Fender eliminator, Carbon fiber front tire cowl, carbon fiber rear tire hugger, -1 on the front sprocket, and a new exhaust system, one without that damn power robbing catconvert. Should look pretty sick when I am done. Have a JPEG of the overall scheme for paint ready to go to the painters.

Old 07-26-2005, 01:00 PM

ORIGINAL: bikesnjeeps

Whats a reasonably priced brand for swing arm and front fork stands? I am gonna start saving myself a grip of money. Well is metalic burnt orange a common color for our bikes? I have finally decided on a color scheme for my bike and some major mods for this winter. I am going to change out all the turn signals for the ones from either a KTM 950, or a Buell Firethinggy, their stock lights look much better and are still DOT approved. I am gonna swap out my jet ski rear end for the 03 tail. Fender eliminator, Carbon fiber front tire cowl, carbon fiber rear tire hugger, -1 on the front sprocket, and a new exhaust system, one without that damn power robbing catconvert. Should look pretty sick when I am done. Have a JPEG of the overall scheme for paint ready to go to the painters.
with all that carbon fiber stuff and sprocket and exhaust, it's starting to sound like my bike, just different color.........just giving you a hard time jordan, will look killer when done.....when do you want to ride again????

Old 07-27-2005, 12:58 AM

Well I had some ideas from your bike, and aboot 200 other cars and bikes. Get a little from everywhere. As far as when I can ride next... Hmmm, I am gonna be in portland this week visiting family. I think the next time I have off where I can ride will be around the 13th or so. My work schedule sucks bad.

Old 07-27-2005, 11:36 AM

that sux that your work schedule is keeping you from riding, i have to wait until this weekend to ride, the rear tire on mine is not doing very good. my roommate bought a brand new tire for his bandit and now he doesn't ride that bike anymore, so i am trading him tires, so i will be back and riding this weekend.