F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

PowerCommander on an F4i

Old 01-11-2008, 12:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PowerCommander on an F4i

I've been thinking about adding this modification to my 06 F4i. However I dont exactly have all the time in the world to research this kind of topic,

I kind of have an idea of what the Power Commander does from briefly reading up on it.

My questions for you guys out there in theforum.

Is this mod worth doing?
whats the difficulty of the install?
How doesyour bike handle after, asopposed to before the install of the PCommander?
Potential hazards?
Additional needed components?
Any other advice on the Power commander would be helpful as well

Im sure theres a greatwrite up on this somewhere,im just being lazy.

Old 01-11-2008, 12:48 PM
Default RE: PowerCommander on an F4i

You'll get a ton of different answers. I put one on my bike even when it was stock and it cleared up the throttle response (most noticable with on/off transitions)

Is it worth doing? IMO.......Yes. MANY benefits.

How hard is it? Depends on your level of mechanical inclination. Mine was easy. Put the PC in the truck, run the cable to the splice point under the tank and splice it in with the connectors. Literally plug and play. Just make sure the connection is tight.

Hazards? You'll be $270 poorer. None unless you dont make the connections properly or if you get stupid with a map and even then you can go back to the zero map and start over.

Additional stuff? Yes, a dyno tune by agood tuner. And then you "Quick Shifter".
No, you don't need anything else.

Stop being lazy.

Old 01-11-2008, 12:58 PM

Exactly why I wanted to post something like this.

I can live with loosing the money for such a great cause.

I was just joking about being lazy, just want to get some input first from people with far more exp than I.

Old 01-11-2008, 02:15 PM

yeah... good mod, but selling mine!!! check the classifieds section

Old 01-12-2008, 12:33 PM

Quick question I too was just looking to get a PC 3, whats the best way to get to the 2 cables, take off the left fairing?

Old 01-12-2008, 05:35 PM
Sy

I just recently did this mod last night. No need to remove the left body or lower fairing.

You have to remove the left upper fairing (thefairing from the gaugesthat sorta wraps to the tank)- two screws. Also removed the tank (4 bolts) and used a bungee to hold it up. Do a search on CBRFORUMon how to replace air filter and the steps somewhat overlaps. You will nudge the tank a bit to get the cables underneath. You should be golden from there.

-Sy

Old 01-12-2008, 10:59 PM

ORIGINAL: gixxereater

You'll get a ton of different answers. I put one on my bike even when it was stock and it cleared up the throttle response (most noticable with on/off transitions)

Is it worth doing? IMO.......Yes. MANY benefits.

How hard is it? Depends on your level of mechanical inclination. Mine was easy. Put the PC in the truck, run the cable to the splice point under the tank and splice it in with the connectors. Literally plug and play. Just make sure the connection is tight.

Hazards? You'll be $270 poorer. None unless you dont make the connections properly or if you get stupid with a map and even then you can go back to the zero map and start over.

Additional stuff? Yes, a dyno tune by agood tuner. And then you "Quick Shifter".
No, you don't need anything else.

Stop being lazy.

+1
Esp on a custom map.Makes a big difference even over a dynojet map.

One of the best mods ive done to mine.Id put one on just to fix the throttle issues like gixxereater said

Old 01-13-2008, 04:58 PM

Yeah, a dyno tune is really the only way to get the max gain out of your PC.

Old 01-13-2008, 05:04 PM
IDL

I was getting vibrations once my RPM's went over about 6500 and after I put in the PCIII it was smooth as butter. I was very pleased.
For mine I didn't notice much difference on the low end, but it sounds like others have had different experiences.

One funny thing that caused me some grief was after changing maps it went back to it's old vibrating self and then I couldn't get it back smooth no matter what map I tried.
I ended up disconnecting the PCIII from my bike, running it, then reconnecting it. That fixed it so I guess it reset it somehow. Not sure if anyone else had that problem but it's worth keeping in mind.

I found the installation very easy, and i'm no mechanic.

Old 01-13-2008, 05:16 PM

I've got a PCIII for sale; the 'r' version (allows for timing adjustments as well) for $195 shipped.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: PowerCommander on an F4i