F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

power commander related tuning and throttle questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2013, 07:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default power commander related tuning and throttle questions

So, this is what im thinking, not sure what stock throttle is but maybe getting a 1/4 turn.
here's my problem, when accelerating full throttle i have to move my wrist ALOT to shut the gas off when shifting, but i foresee this problem.
insane response.
now here in comes the power commander, can anyone tell me where to get started on "ramping/sloping" up the gas in the power commander?
what im thinking will save me is, if i map more gas towards the end of the turn, now if anyone has done this or have any advice that would be great.
cause i dont want any surprises when i get to that point in the throttle.
wait a second scratch that, can i just remap my current throttle so i dont have to open it .. nvm air mix derr.. see this is what im talking about.
i cant remap any gas cause it will run lean... so what can i do for a smooth gas to no gas transition? with proper trail braking and a shorter throttle
turn i dont want to wash the rear end with a throttle mistake.
back on to another question, the f4i is no s1000rr which if im not mistaken has a nice feature which gives it gas during down revs so its not alot of engine brake.
there is no way to replicate that, correct? i thought so, and finally am i better off going with a quick shifter instead of all that gibberish above?
thanks!

Old 04-21-2013, 08:53 PM
Received 82 Likes on 69 Posts

All adding more/less fuel as you said will make you go either rich or lean, it wouldn't help the situation. But having a custom map can. When I had mine done the transition to on/off throttle was smoother.

Other than that, I'm not sure what to make of anything else type above.