F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

power commander

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2007, 11:19 AM
stx
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default power commander

just wondering how many people have pc on their bikes and did it make a big difference?

Old 04-01-2007, 11:53 AM
Default RE: power commander

i'm debating whether to get one or not also. Hopefully, those who have one can help us out.

I don't race or stunt or anything like that, so I could careless bout going faster in less time. Since I won't be using the PC to it's full capabilities, should I still get a PC or am I just basically wasting my money for something i'm not completely using.

Old 04-01-2007, 12:19 PM
Banned

I voted don't need one, don't want one. The thought of paying $8k for a bike then adding a slip-on/PcIII/dyno tune...for $600 to 800 seems like pissing my money away. My bike runs fine without it. I'd have to say for me to make that jump to spend that cash I'd have to be in a competitive situation where every HP counts and money was no object. If I need more power I'll just by a liter bike and be done with it.

Old 04-01-2007, 01:07 PM

Don't have one and not going to get one either. My bike runs just fine without it and is fast enough without it. My buddy put one on his GSX-R and we couldn't tell any difference, waste of money IMO.

Old 04-01-2007, 02:53 PM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've got one.... definitely noticed a difference! It smoothed it out quite a bit throughout the RPM range, and throttle response is noticably crisper. Also made my MPG go UP by 5mpg I see it as being worthwhile (got mine off ebay... $190 used but in like new condition), especially when I get a full system you gotta have one or the A/F ratio is gonna be way off

Old 04-01-2007, 03:09 PM

i agree that when you put a slip on on it will make your bike run leaner which in some cases isnt a big deal but in my case with a moto gp exhaust it is so i do have to purchase one and get a custom map made as well

Old 04-01-2007, 09:52 PM

No offense, but who cares about miles per gallon, it costs only 10 bucks to fill up the entire tank, and you can ride forever. But if your PC works for you, glad it does the job for you

Old 04-01-2007, 10:53 PM

Here's a question for anyone who has a California model: Being that our bikes have 02 sensors, wouldn't that make the PC conflict with it? I mean, isn't that what the PC and the 02 sensor both do; the whole fuel and air equasion thing?

Old 04-01-2007, 11:47 PM

I have a PC and didnt notice abig difference, but I also think if i get it professionally mapped then I will notice a difference

Old 04-02-2007, 01:05 AM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Stephens

No offense, but who cares about miles per gallon, it costs only 10 bucks to fill up the entire tank, and you can ride forever. But if your PC works for you, glad it does the job for you
Well when you commute 500 miles per week to work and back, and you have to fill up every day or every other day, you tend to watch stuff like MPG. Some of us don't like throwing $$ down the drain! Plus it's a great way to make sure you're bike (or car/truck/etc) is still running good... a sudden drop in MPG can often indicate a problem

Quick Reply: power commander