CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   Polished Rims & Painted Undertail (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/polished-rims-painted-undertail-41895/)

ninetyfivehp 06-13-2007 07:54 PM

RE: FINALLY!!!...updated pics of my bike

bike looks awesome.what did you use to wash it?

BB 600f4i 06-14-2007 10:55 AM

ORIGINAL: therabbit

If I may suggest, paint your undertail black, since you don't have a rear hugger, you'll kick stuff up onto the undertail, black will match your yellow/black paint scheme, andblack is much easier to find then a matching yellow.
This is kind of what I was thinking. I do have a hugger tho, I just need to paint it then install it, so if I buy matching yellow paint I can use it for several pieces. Thanks for the input.

ORIGINAL: ninetyfivehp

bike looks awesome.what did you use to wash it?
I'm ashamed to say this......Suzuki Wash *cough*, that's only cause I live like 2 mins from a Kawi/Suz dealer. It is great stuff tho, spray on, hose off. The only thing I noticedyou have to watch outfor issome of the smooth black metal(mirror posts, front fairing stay, etc.). For some reason it tends to dull the black to a grayish color. A little wax afterwards helps fix that. Mequiar's Gold Class wax is what I use on my cars and bike. The shine lasts. That wash and wax is from over 2 weeks ago. The bike has been rode hundreds of miles since then and has sat uncovered a few days.

snowboarding82 06-14-2007 12:26 PM

How do you go about attaching the mesh to the farings? Hot glue? Duct tape? Rubber cement? What?! I want to do that to mine I'm going to stop at the auto store on the way to work. =)

patrick_nobles 06-14-2007 02:48 PM

Sweet...you did a great job...Now just get that undertail painted.

BigWill 06-14-2007 03:06 PM

nice lookin bike

BB 600f4i 07-12-2007 07:57 AM

Polished Rims & Painted Undertail

5 Attachment(s)

ORIGINAL: snowboarding82

How do you go about attaching the mesh to the farings? Hot glue? Duct tape? Rubber cement? What?! I want to do that to mine I'm going to stop at the auto store on the way to work. =)
Thanks everyone. Sorry I'm just getting back to you snowboarding82, I used fiberglass filler to attach my screens. I cut some of the foam out of the fairings. Sanded the inside of the fairing where I removed the foam from, cut my screens a little oversized and mixed up some fiberglass which I then puton 3 or 4different areas of the large screens and 2 areas on the small screens. They have held up for several years now without any probs.

Well like the title says, I polished my rims and painted my undertail, so here are some new pics. Enjoy.
Attachment 81484

Attachment 81485
Attachment 81486
Attachment 81487
Attachment 81488

07xrunner 07-12-2007 09:25 AM

RE: Polished Rims & Painted Undertail

bike looks good man