F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Please help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 01:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help!!!

Hi All, Im new to this site but have owned my 600f from new since 2005, i have now decided to convert it with the fs rear end! the only thing i feel is missing is a nice undertail to tidy it all up! i have my eyes on this one on ebay (ebay number 400204099510), however, this is in california and i cant seem to find it anywhere in the UK? i have spoken with the seller and he is prepared to post it to the uk but at the price of $80 which i consider to be quite pricey as the item itself is only $99!! if anyone knows where i can get one a little closer to home i would be VERY greatful!

Thank you all

Lee

Old 03-26-2011, 01:19 PM

do you have a battery tray for the FS tail??

Old 03-26-2011, 01:22 PM

Hi, Yes i do, i have pretty much everything i need to make it look as a standard 600 fs!

Old 03-26-2011, 01:30 PM

you could just cut the fender off the battery tray. or you can make your own under tail out of sheet metal...depending what you are looking for and how handy you are with hand tools.

Not sure the type of undertail you are looking for...but you can maybe find one like what is on mine

Last edited by Xander F4i; 03-26-2011 at 01:32 PM.
Old 03-26-2011, 01:34 PM

ive just checked yours out!! very nice, and exactly what ive listed in my thread! im not keen on all the shotgun lights etc, i just want to keep the standard shape rear light (i've got the tinted integrated indicator one) if you can, check out that ebay number in ebay motors with "worldwide" selected to see if it is the same as yours, and if it is, where can i get one?

Old 03-26-2011, 10:26 PM

It appears to be like the one on my bike. Though mine was installed by a previous owner, so I can't be sure it's exact. I have a smoked integrated tail light as well at this point

Old 03-26-2011, 11:03 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by monkmasterflex
....i just want to keep the standard shape rear light (i've got the tinted integrated indicator one)
Are limiting yourself to the exact undertail you mention or are you open to alternatives?

In addition to the Pimpbikes undertail, the CompetitionWerkes FE is another option. The CW retains the factory tail light, allows reuse of the factory license plate light (if need be), has cutout to reuse factory key lock, comes w/a license plate bracket, & is stainless steel. Its a really nice look. I have it on my '01-03 split seat tail.

Also, the CW FE is one of the most copied FE for the split seat. There are instructions on this or other forums, that have dimensions & patterns to do it yourself, if you're so inclined.

Good luck in your search.