F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Plasti Dip (Pic Heavy)

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2013, 08:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Plasti Dip (Pic Heavy)

Well its been 3 years since I bout I bike and I finally felt like it was time to fix all the cracks and scrapes from the previous owner and plasti dip my bike.

Once I finally received my sprayer, gallon of white, gallon of light blue and also a few cans of glossifier. I toke all my plastics off and fixed a few cracks sand them down and primered everything. I also used paint stripper to take off all the paint and decals off the tank to try and fix some light dents which I ended up just spraying primer and sanding a few times. I also dipped the forks and calipers, which white wasn't the greatest choice here so those might get peeled back to black. I also powder coated everything I could matt black which includes levers, rearsets, engine cases, gas cap and even the kick stand. Here are a few picture of the work in progress and of course some pictures of the final product!! I think it out great!!! Seeing how hard the rims are to keep clean I may end up just dipping them black in the near future.

With the lighting and my crappy camera phone its hard to tell the exact color. Everyone says it looks better in person but I still think the pics look sweet.

Before
Name:  PJHRLl.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  93.2 KB

After
Name:  EQ3pU8el.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  93.4 KB

Name:  NQDfKKKl.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  79.6 KB

Name:  DLxmsYAl.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  51.3 KB

Name:  3GJCkI3l.jpg
Size:  65.7 KB

Name:  WtFCjtSl.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  72.5 KB

Name:  q8urhuMl.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  51.8 KB

Name:  HIeR2VDl.jpg
Size:  74.1 KB

Name:  NkgJxU8l.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  99.7 KB

Name:  dNnZ8ywl.jpg
Size:  119.9 KB

Name:  poaKsfxl.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  51.7 KB

Name:  wAp2mo7l.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  97.4 KB

Name:  OwImq58l.jpg
Size:  93.9 KB

Name:  fW6SmFjl.jpg
Size:  95.2 KB

Name:  u1U9jrPl.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  89.5 KB

Name:  tp5Ldggl.jpg
Size:  35.7 KB

Name:  5HeVgxhl.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  85.7 KB

Name:  Edjw4qdl.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  83.7 KB

Last edited by Kuchar09; 07-10-2013 at 09:49 PM.
Old 07-11-2013, 01:11 PM

wow looks good. i didnt know they made plastidip in anything but black

Old 07-11-2013, 02:13 PM
July 2008 ROTM

The end plastic color looks good, but some of the little accents throw off the scheme of the bike. Red, for example, just looks out of place. Same with the white calipers.

Nice work, though!

Old 07-11-2013, 06:27 PM
Welcome Crew and May 2012 Ride of the Month
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Aken
The end plastic color looks good, but some of the little accents throw off the scheme of the bike. Red, for example, just looks out of place. Same with the white calipers.

Nice work, though!
I would say add a couple white decals and she will be a beaut.

Old 03-31-2014, 06:39 PM

Wow I completely forgot I posted this on here. Thanks for the compliments and suggestions! I quickly learned that the white and blue on the calipers and wheels were nearly impossible to keep clean so I ended up re doing them in black while wrapping the brake lines in carbon fiber vinyl. I also painted my helmet with plasti dip with a splatter effect to try and match the bike better that gets a lot of compliments while I'm getting gas.

A tip for anyone wanting to dip their bike would be to use spray wax on your tank often so it's not so grippy and wants to peel. Luckily I didn't have any problems since I did it every day for the first week.

I'm looking at redoing it lime green this summer but since they are constantly coming out with new colors I wouldn't be surprised if that changed.

Here's some updated pics along with the helmet and the lime green color.

Name:  JvyhaDDl.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  80.2 KB

Name:  q0sTQhtl.jpg
Size:  90.6 KB

Name:  kS3mSxwl.jpg
Size:  68.6 KB

Name:  L08olRkl.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  80.8 KB

Name:  J6WOrSjl.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  110.3 KB

Name:  z2aC0xwl.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  70.4 KB

Old 03-31-2014, 08:25 PM

It looks great What did you use to fix the cracked fairing? I've got a cracked one I'd like to fix.

Old 03-31-2014, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by theadamie
It looks great What did you use to fix the cracked fairing? I've got a cracked one I'd like to fix.
Thanks man! The stuff was called plastiFix. I was pretty impressed how well it worked and would definitely recommend it!
PlastiFix Kit PlastiFix Kit

Old 04-01-2014, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by Kuchar09
Thanks man! The stuff was called plastiFix. I was pretty impressed how well it worked and would definitely recommend it!
PlastiFix Kit
That stuff looks alot like Plastex, GREAT stuff. Very nice restore/paint job on the bike. Not a big fan of the color, but good job nonetheless. Did you dip the car as well?

Old 04-01-2014, 10:19 AM

did you just spray it outside on a calm day?

Old 04-01-2014, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by singram
That stuff looks alot like Plastex, GREAT stuff. Very nice restore/paint job on the bike. Not a big fan of the color, but good job nonetheless. Did you dip the car as well?
Thanks!! Yeah the color isn't for everyone but thats the nice thing about Plasti Dip, I get to change colors whenever I want. :P No I didn't do the car, that is the color I think I'm going to do this season. Black keeps floating around in my head but feel like that would just be too boring.

Originally Posted by Chad Brenno
did you just spray it outside on a calm day?
Yes I did. In the original post where I have all the fairings hanging is how I painted them. I would rather have done them indoors but didn't have a choice.

Quick Reply: Plasti Dip (Pic Heavy)