F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

pit-eck

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 09:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pit-eck

pit-eck sucks.. well at least their rear seat cowl for the f4i does http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HONDA...spagenameZWDVW
i found it on ebay and actually liked it better than the targa one because i like the mesh vents (i know theyre pointless but i like the look.) and the fact that it was 110 shipped wasnt bad.. its not even that it doesnt line up perfect or that its not the best quality.. it doesnt even fit the bike! you can tell they didnt ship me the wrong one cuz it could fit,but their bolt hits one of the stock bolts near the lock , it just looks like they made it and never even tried a test fit on a real f4i. i dont know about any of thier other products and i probably never will, im not usin them again. thanks, and sorry it got a little rant/rambling.

Old 05-07-2008, 09:12 PM
Default RE: pit-eck

yeah, i noticed that solo cowl on ebay too...but looked kinda sketch, lol...call and complain to them...maybe youll get something out of it if they remotely care about their honda customer base...they know they offer hella honda parts...

Old 05-07-2008, 09:18 PM

as of right now im shipping it back to them and getting my money back and not paying for shipping.. the VERY least they could do for me.. and we'll see how smoothly that goes

Old 05-07-2008, 09:18 PM

pit teck is cheaply designed and poor quality. there is a guy on another forum that claims his fairing actually ripped off on the track.

If you want decent track plastics, at a decent price go with E-racings. I just mounted them on my bike for the track weekend coming up. they are very good mid grade plastics. they are thick and flexible. the only issue I had was that the lower pan was designed for an aftermarket header, as it doesnt leave enough clearance for the stock headers so I had to cut a section out of the belly.

got mine from superbikestore.net......very reasonable pricing $275 minus the tail..http://www.shop.superbikestore.net/c...categoryId=157

the only downside is that the tail is still being designed, the rest of the body work is ready

Old 05-07-2008, 09:26 PM

ORIGINAL: krash

pit teck is cheaply designed and poor quality. there is a guy on another forum that claims his fairing actually ripped off on the track.

If you want decent track plastics, at a decent price go with E-racings. I just mounted them on my bike for the track weekend coming up. they are very good mid grade plastics. they are thick and flexible. the only issue I had was that the lower pan was designed for an aftermarket header, as it doesnt leave enough clearance for the stock headers so I had to cut a section out of the belly.

got mine from superbikestore.net......very reasonable pricing $275 minus the tail..http://www.shop.superbikestore.net/c...categoryId=157

the only downside is that the tail is still being designed, the rest of the body work is ready
wow, id say $275 shipped is more than reasonable for track plastics...predrilled or no?

Old 05-07-2008, 09:39 PM

they are not pre drilled, but I put mine on by myself, with no issues. (other than cutting the belly pan for stock headers)

just hang the upper, it has a slight formed oval where the mirror plates would be, just line them up and drill em. It all fall into place from there. even if you drill it in the wrong spot, you can patch it with 5 min epoxy.