F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Pics & YouTube Video of Bootleg's exhaust & riding

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2007, 11:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My YouTube of Bootleg's exhaust & riding

His looks like mine and it is a Rumble concepts undertail. Mine has individeual leds for the turn signals. But it is ok for brightness. not too much of a diffrerce between running lihgts and brake lights especially during the day

Old 11-04-2007, 02:21 AM

hahahaha... motogpfan nice setup *wink wink* looks like a bike i know LOL. well yeah man that's great to see more and more ppl adapting to this pipe. i think it was all worth it. another thing to mention just to verify the quality of the pipe, i saw a Genuine Yamaha GYT-R exhaust on an R6 today up in the canyons and i looked at the tips (outlets) of the pipe and the canister and it's the same exact CF that tom uses on our bootleg pipes and the same outlet (tip) that he uses on his regular bootleg pipes. so yeah... just a reminder, these are pretty good quality pipes since they're from the same company who makes the pipes for yamaha...

Old 11-04-2007, 04:31 AM

Thanks for the video of the take-off...but honestly that was the worst Youtube video I've ever seen. Honestly a minute of watching you put on your gear, I want that minute back so I can waste it on something else.

Old 11-04-2007, 06:36 AM

ORIGINAL: whtan20

Sorry kinda off topic, but is your undertail kit the hotbodies one, and are the signals integrated? And are they visible enough to where they are pretty safe?
Rumble undertail with led's..

Old 11-04-2007, 06:40 AM

ORIGINAL: Haggis

Thanks for the video of the take-off...but honestly that was the worst Youtube video I've ever seen. Honestly a minute of watching you put on your gear, I want that minute back so I can waste it on something else.
Great. I'll definitely bear in mind your bromidic opinion the next time I decide topost a video. Better yet...the next time I post one, you'll already know not to watch it. So, since we have this cleared up, I don't have to worry about any further posts like this from you...do I? Good.

Old 11-04-2007, 07:20 AM
Retired Administrator

Everyone has to have an opinion... and they have no problem sharing it with you here.

My opinion is, the burbs... bet your neighbors love you to death with this new sound you brought to them. Make this better for me and tell me you ride this to work every morning for work and you leave at 5 am.

Old 11-04-2007, 08:38 AM

ORIGINAL: doncollins

Everyone has to have an opinion... and they have no problem sharing it with you here.

My opinion is, the burbs... bet your neighbors love you to death with this new sound you brought to them. Make this better for me and tell me you ride this to work every morning for work and you leave at 5 am.

Agreed. And since I started the thread I have no problem sharing my opinion back The thing about YouTube is you can fast forward and skip through anything..so no need to watch something you're not interested in. If you wasted time, it's you're own fault for not using the controls better.

I don't leave at 5AM but I do leave around 0730 and yes my neighbors now hate me. I'm a bit of an antagonist. So, my neighbors giving me funny looks as I ride by only compels me to gear down and make it that much louder. You'd be surprised how loud it is in FIRST gear at ~ 45mph.

Old 11-04-2007, 09:43 AM
Retired Administrator

I lived in the suburbia back in VA and rode to work daily, so I know what you mean about the neighbors. Even the neighbors I knew were already awake, still looked mad. I'm not the "antagonist" so I tried to baby it as much as I could. I do sleep at night, wouldn't want to come out and find what ever surprises they did to my house or bike. Actually, I had a motion recording camera on my bike there. Anyways.... on the RRs 1st gear shift is at 73mph so I know just how loud first gear can be. Keep up the good PR with the neighbors and keep the same attitude with the film critics here. I do a lot of video myself and I know we all cannot be Spielberg.

Old 11-04-2007, 10:40 AM

ORIGINAL: doncollins

Keep up the good PR with the neighbors and keep the same attitude with the film critics here. I do a lot of video myself and I know we all cannot be Spielberg.
I gotcha. I was probably a bit harsh. He had a valid point. In all honesty, I think I really used the first bit of the second video for two purposes:

1. To give the F4i riders up here a bit of an idea of who I am. I like making things a bit more personable since I plan on spending a lot of time up here on the forum.
2. To emphasize the importance of gearing up. Aside from the wonderful exhaust note and the fun we all have on our bikes, there are still too many squids out there. I thought this was a good time to use the video to make a point. I do realize I was not wearing my riding boots. I was just taking the bike around the block for the video, so I did not take the time to put on my SMX-R's. However, there are VERY FEW times I ever get on that machine without wearing my A* boots.

I didn't really stop and think that most people who click the link have only one interest...what the exhaust sounds like. I really should have cut the video straight to the point. So...he had a valid complaint...I see that now. I was just a bit perturbed that he missed the "point" of me gearing up.

A lot of my neighbors get pissed b/c on my block there are 3 Harley riders with GOD AWFUL LOUD EXHAUST, and 4 sportbikes with shrill high pitched exhausts. We are all in the backside of the subdivision so the rest of the subdivision kind of gets sick of hearing all of us leaving in the morning time on our bikes...understandably.

The next video I make will be with a tank cam and it will be straight to the point. I'll take more time rendering it too so the quality of the video is really good. I just needed to get those thrown up there b/c they were more about sound than anything else.

Old 11-04-2007, 10:51 AM
Retired Administrator

I was on your side, I liked the gearing up part. I need to work on my tone of typing[:@]

You should see some of the videos I'm making. He complained about 30 seconds of wasted life, try 10 minutes of following harelys through the country side. He'd really hate me.

Quick Reply: Pics & YouTube Video of Bootleg's exhaust & riding