F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Pics..Opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 01:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pics..Opinions?

I've done a few mods to my bike over the past month, and I plan on spending about a thousand bucks more on the bike..
Mods so far..
Orange paint
Carbon fiber mirrors
Double bubble windshield
Two brothers slip-on
Under tail swap
Frame Sliders

I have orange Halos for the headlights and flush mount front signals on the way. Should be here this week. And I am ordering a K&N air filter today.

How's it looking so far? And any opinions or ideas on what else I should do?

Attached Thumbnails Pics..Opinions?-img_0167.jpg   Pics..Opinions?-img_0164.jpg  
Old 03-11-2009, 02:12 PM

Looks nice! I don't know if I've seen another F4i that color..

Old 03-11-2009, 02:15 PM

I like how the orange is inside the headlight housing

Old 03-11-2009, 03:07 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Looks good.

I purchased some CF mirrors too, just haven't put them on yet.

What is your undertail kit?

Old 03-11-2009, 03:29 PM

Nice color, where did you get it from and what color, if you don't mind?

Old 03-11-2009, 04:18 PM

colored headlight housing is sick...i dont want to split mine apart quite yet

Old 03-11-2009, 05:11 PM

nice clean bike. ever think about polishing your frame? I think that would make the orange stand out even more. Or perhaps polishing your wheel lips just to set off the paint more.

Old 03-11-2009, 05:50 PM

Thanks for the compliments everyone! The orange is a custom mix that I bought at the local CarQuest. I had a pretty good idea in my head of what color I wanted, so I just went up there and looked through the color samples until I found the one that most matched the picture I had in my head.

supersnake83- I do like the way the smaller CF mirrors LOOK on the bike vs the stock mirrors, but as far as actually USING the mirrors, they are probably more trouble than they are worth. It is really annoying having to always adjust the mirrors when changing riding position. And just a quick tip to anyone who may be looking to purchase some mirrors, MAKE SURE THEY ARE GLASS, and that the shaft is reinforced. The first set I bought weren't glass, and I couldn't see anything with them. And I accidentally bumped into one of them like a week after I got them, and it broke. The shaft was hollow plastic. JUNK!

diguise88- I think you are right about polishing the frame. I think I'm going to do it. Anyone have any pics of a polished frame? I was thinking about maybe painting the rim lip the same color as the bike.

I bought the undertail off of ebay. Here's the link. I've read a lot of complaints about people buying undertails and having problems with them not fitting properly, or being cheaply made and cracking and such.. This one was very well made, and fit perfect. So I would recommend these guys if you are looking for an undertail.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...3AIT&viewitem=

Originally Posted by redzintimidator
colored headlight housing is sick...i dont want to split mine apart quite yet
Thanks man. I cant wait to add the orange halos.. I think that is really going to set the orange housing off.. But yeah, I was pretty nervous about splitting the housing apart too. Especially the part about putting the headlight assembly in the oven! But it was actually extremely simple to do. It literally took less than 10 minutes to do. Just preheated the oven on 200 degrees, put the headlight assembly in the oven for maybe 3 or 4 minutes, and pulled it out. Then all you have to do is take a flat head screwdriver and pull up 4 the plastic tabs, then just start separating from one end, and it pulls apart surprisingly easy. Putting it back together is just as simple. Just make sure you try to leave as much of the factory "glue" in place as possible when you separate the housing.

Old 03-11-2009, 05:56 PM
July 2008 ROTM

Color is cool. Not a fan of the painted headlight, but at least it matches. Looks great all around.

Any particular reason why you mounted the frame sliders so low? They'd protect more at the standard point.

Old 03-11-2009, 06:14 PM

^ I noticed the same thing.

Quick Reply: Pics..Opinions?