F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Pics of New Rim Stripes

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2006, 12:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pics of New Rim Stripes

Took a couple of hours, but wasn't too bad in all. If you do this, make sure you stretch the tape just a little, not a lot. If you don't you might not have enough. Also, take your time and make sure your wheels are really clean, especially the chain side.

I think it adds a more racey look. I'll get better pics when I have some sunlight.

Old 01-27-2006, 01:37 AM
Default RE: Pics of New Rim Stripes

yea it looks pretty good. where did you get your tape from?
________
Vaporizer Iron

Last edited by axsys; 05-04-2011 at 10:28 PM.
Old 01-27-2006, 02:13 AM

There's a dude named Racerboi07 who sells it on Ebay. It was $10 including shipping.

Old 01-27-2006, 06:57 AM

Looks really good and kind of trims up the all black wheels and tires. Also, did you just cut your factory rear fender? I was thinking about doing the same. If so, how did you relocate the license plate light?

Old 01-27-2006, 08:51 AM
Banned

Looks great, Did mine in yellow last night. The tape I used came in four curved pieces per wheel. It was fairly easy.

The License plate looks much better, it gives me another project for the weekend.

Nice bike.

Old 01-27-2006, 11:56 AM

yeah the stripes look good. Ive been waiting to put any pictures of my bike up until i get the couple of parts im waiting for. But i was also having trouble deciding what color stripe i should get to put on my bike. The 05 f4i siler. What do you guys think?

Old 01-27-2006, 12:21 PM

Nice stripes biter...LOL...just kidding....

Old 01-27-2006, 12:46 PM

Looks good. I might just get the rim stripes, but I can't decide if I should do the stripes or polish the lips? Nothing else on my bike is polished, so I think I might go with the rim stripes. Your bike really makes me want to do it. Looks really good.

-Jesse-

Old 01-27-2006, 01:21 PM

THanks for the props.

The Thing about polishing the lip of the rim is that once it's done you can never go back. Plus, you've got to take the wheels off for a couple of days, meaning no riding. And it's a lot more expensive than stinging some pin striped tape on the wheel.

As far as the tail goes, I took a dremmel to it about a week after I bought it. I couldn't stand the look of the stock rear fender, especially with those big gay looking reflectors. I marked the tail with a pencil and cut about 8 inches off. I then just marked and drilled some holes to mount the stock license plate bracket. There was some extra cable for the light so it's kind of wrapped around the license bracket, but you can't notice. I didn't want to cut the wire to make it shorter thinking that I might get an aftermarket fender some day.

Old 01-27-2006, 03:03 PM

Damn that looks good! Some of us were just discussing chroming rims on another thread titled Blingin'. Is that the 1/8" size that I saw on another post? The red looks great but I've got an 05 dark candy red color and the strips don't come in that color. Maybe I could do in silver to match the graphics instead like you did. Any thoughts?

Quick Reply: Pics of New Rim Stripes