F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Pics of my fixed F4i (NOT FOR THOSE WITH 56K)

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 12:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Pics of my fixed F4i (NOT FOR THOSE WITH 56K)

http://www.plastex.ca/

i got all my plastic products from them. the mold bar, the filler, the cloth re-reinforcement, and its all 100% strong. i can even bend, and flex the plastic where it was repaired like as if it was new.

also, the website is kinda weird, and hard to navigate, but look around, and find the "how to" video.. it's alittle slow paced, but informative. its not very hard.

Old 01-30-2008, 02:08 PM

ORIGINAL: fishfryer527

looks good, maybe after having the Honda for a while you may not RATHER HAVE AN R6.
Clever... but yeah, my friend got an 06 R6 and it feels terrible in comparison to my02 F4i ormy friends 05 600rr.

ORIGINAL: Built B16a

http://www.plastex.ca/

i got all my plastic products from them. the mold bar, the filler, the cloth re-reinforcement, and its all 100% strong. i can even bend, and flex the plastic where it was repaired like as if it was new.

also, the website is kinda weird, and hard to navigate, but look around, and find the "how to" video.. it's alittle slow paced, but informative. its not very hard.
I found that place... thought it would work great, but i didnt go through with ordering their kit. Wish i would have now. Maybe if i ever haveto fix a piece again i will use that stuff. Maybe even fix the pieces that i couldn't before or the parts that broke again.

Old 01-30-2008, 06:06 PM

mixing the product, and acutally using it is quite easy.. im actually going to order more powder and liqiud when i get a chance... it doens't go bad, and i don't want this company going out of business or something happening.. so im going to stock up.

but its really great.. you can not only mend 2 broken peices.. but create a missing section, or replace a missing tab, or mounting piece... really cool stuff.

Old 01-30-2008, 06:17 PM

ORIGINAL: Built B16a

mixing the product, and acutally using it is quite easy.. im actually going to order more powder and liqiud when i get a chance... it doens't go bad, and i don't want this company going out of business or something happening.. so im going to stock up.

but its really great.. you can not only mend 2 broken peices.. but create a missing section, or replace a missing tab, or mounting piece... really cool stuff.
I really think im going to look into getting some. Im missing some tabs on my side fairings that i really need to do something about, i have a nice gap between the fairings and the bike because of it. Plus that missing recessed hole on the left side that i have a washer on (might look a lil better without the blackwasher).

Old 01-30-2008, 06:22 PM

it would deffenetly do it up..

what i did for the missing hole.. i made a mold of each side of the good side's mounting hole. filled 1 up very shallow, so i would be able to create the face of the hole. then, once that cured, i over filled the back mold, and set it, pushing out the exsess and let that cure. once i was finished, it was completly sandable, and i drilled out the hole that my bolt goes through, and im done. took me about an hour to mix everything, heat up the mold bar, and for the plastic to cure.

the set time on the plastic is like 5 mins.. it cures in like 15-20. really fast stuff.

Old 02-04-2008, 08:12 AM

Here is the new M4 mounted up...

Name:  M4ExhaustOnBike.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  146.5 KB

Name:  M4Exhaust3.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  109.6 KB

Still need to get some springs for it, the guy that i bought it from didnt have them anymore so im on my own...
And it needs a bath, i know...

Old 02-04-2008, 10:48 AM

hahahaha.. reminds me of something.. oh yeah, i did the same thing to my bike and for the same reason!

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u...1200325182.jpg

looks good dude. Team satin unite!

Old 02-04-2008, 11:29 AM

Wow! great job..i can only hope my repair goes as smooth as yours did..but i have to order new fairings and only repair 1.

looks good tho!

Old 02-04-2008, 11:46 AM

Team satin unite... i like that.

Old 02-06-2008, 09:55 PM

I WANT IT TO BE SUMMER SO I CANT RIDE MY "NEW" BIKE!!!! and hear the exhaust...

Doesnt help that we just got 8 inches of snow today... f**k Michgian...

Quick Reply: Pics of my fixed F4i (NOT FOR THOSE WITH 56K)