F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Picked up an ex erion racing F4i

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2013, 04:34 PM
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Picked up an ex erion racing F4i

I found this bike on craigslist and showed it to my friend. Last night we went to pick it up. Comes with all the paperwork from erion and all the following owners since they sold it. Its obviously been used alot since they had it, it has stock fork with racetech internals, ohlins rear shock, clip ons, race fairings, full exhaust, PC3, rearsets, gear indicator, and quick turn throttle. Things get interesting with the gauge cluster. Its metric, and the LCD screen has a block off plate inside that only lets you see the oil pressure and water temp warning lights, everything else is hidden. I can also see some sort of welded aluminum box directly above the cylinder head, Im thinking its something to do with PAIR or something, deffenatly not stock. The frame has so stampings or vin anywhere. The original enrion engine has only a 4 digit id number, stock street bikes are 8. Theres a dyno from years ago showing 105rwhp, so Im hoping to find crazy stuff inside the engine like HRC cams. That engine was pulled due to rod knock, an oem one is in there now. Everything on the bike is safety wired, even the header nuts. The swingarm has spool attachments welded on very nicely. All in all its a very interesting bike. I'll post some pics tonight hopefully.

Old 10-30-2013, 05:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

congrats man, do you have the model number of the ohlins rear shock and if it has an adapter of sorts?
it would be nice to find some surprises but at 105 whp i would doubt it has HRC cams and exhaust.
can you post a pic of the dyno sheet too? would be nice to see where its power comes on at

Old 10-30-2013, 05:31 PM

Yeah Im thinking maybe just a supersport build to get the 105whp, but Im holding out hope while I can before I crush my dreams by removing the valve cover lol. I'll take a look at the shock tonight, its hidden fairly well up in there. I can scan the dyno sheet tomorrow hopefully.

Old 10-30-2013, 07:46 PM

what are you going to do with it? spare parts? or are you going to track it with no fear since its a tank?
i imagine the 600rr is fun but in the words of guy martin "if you're not crashing you're not trying."
however people say getting pooped on by a bird is good luck.. since it happened to me i feel its something people say to make the best of things.

Old 10-30-2013, 09:45 PM

Its my buddys bike now, he bought it from the craigslist ad. Im storing it at my house as well as doing any work it ends up needing. He's going to continue using it as a track bike. Its super cool to have the history to it, but its not worth anything as a collector piece. I love history, and this is a tiny piece of it, so I like it.

Old 10-31-2013, 03:28 AM
Old 10-31-2013, 02:08 PM

Well, last night I spent all night cleaning the garage to fit the new bike so I didn't get to take pics. I also didn't see any part numbers on the shock. There are no adapters where it bolts to the linkage, just an adjustable joint to adjust shock length. My buddy took the paperwork home before I could scan it here at work.

Old 10-31-2013, 04:48 PM

thanks for checking. i really want to get a ohlins but i cant find one, i came across some post saying
46HRCL, 46 being the size in mm, h being the style, r being rebound, c being compression and L meaning you can adjust length.
but ohlins doesnt list the f4i as a bike they make parts for, and any site that sells the shock code, list it as a sv650 part.

Old 04-01-2014, 10:53 AM

Would love to know the model number of the Ohlins that fits 05 F4i as well. Been searching for hours and can't find one...

Old 04-08-2014, 05:15 PM

I finally pulled that bike apart enough to look over the shock last night. I don't see a part number anywhere. I do see an erion racing number thats been hand etched into it, but no ohlins #. Anyone know where to look or how to figure it out without emailing ohlins?

Quick Reply: Picked up an ex erion racing F4i