F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Pick up a 600rr or 1000rr?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2012, 07:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Phil
idk wtf a Kawasaki h2 triple is
8.58 @ 122.57 mph

The H2 in its time was the Corvair of the motorcycle community with its “unsafe at any speed” structural and braking deficiencies. With drum brakes that could barely stop it and a frame that seemed “double hinged” and managed to bend at the most inopportune times under hard cornering, it is no wonder the bike earned the moniker of the “Widowmaker”.

Old 07-13-2012, 10:00 AM

Phil, whats the fastest 1/4 you have gotten?

Old 07-13-2012, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by svek
Phil, whats the fastest 1/4 you have gotten?
My fastest is 11.4 @ 126, all I have is exhaust and a bike masters air filter

Old 07-13-2012, 03:46 PM

I've had my 02 F4i for 3 years now. I have been riding for 5 years total.

The bike is completely stock, and I still can't ride it to its potential.

Good luck in whatever you decide, and be careful!

Old 07-13-2012, 05:42 PM
February 2012 ROTM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Track days are expensive for an average street rider. Most of us would not even complete the check list? Does your bike even have a track ready stator installed? Let alone the need of full suit....gears. Single session range for $200-250 to $500+ full session....it's not an average hobby one can afford.

Buy the bike bes suits YOU....if you want the power there when you need it....go liter. But don't count out the 900RR/929RR/954RR.....thoughCC wise not a liter....ask members here, it's damn near.

I went head to head with a 1200cc BMW last week and got smoked by 1 1/2 bike length....but I've shift at 9rpm. I'm still happy loosing...

I've own my 900rr for 6 years now....but every time I come back from a ride...the rush of hydrenaline is still there.

So my guess is you need more power fairlady....it's okay to admit. Once you go up, hard to go back down.

But I'll leave tracks to those track pros.....street riding is street smart...okay to have more power but be wise about it! These are wheelie machines so we don't want you coming down the interstate popping a 11 o'clock wheelie....LOL.

Me personally between the 600rr or 1000rr? Definitely the 1000rr because I'm 5'11" 200lbs without gears.....

Old 07-13-2012, 06:16 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Estate,

Track days are going for $135-175 on avg. That is usually for 6-7 20min sessions for the day. W/a good track day org, that includes new track day rider instruction, control riders, EMT/ambulance svc, & corner workers (sometimes refreshments are supplied as well). Really, that's not bad compared to some other sports/hobbies.

As far as gear required for track days goes... A 2pc leather suit is more than sufficient. Most track day orgs don't require full 1pc suits. A back protector is usually required. A good helmet, boots, & gloves, which you should already have, covers the gear requirements.

For the bike... Many track day orgs require WaterWetter or equiv used instead of reg radiator fluid. The bike has to have the headlight/tail light lens/signal lens covered w/ tape (usually blue painters will suffice). Other than that, as long as the bike can pass tech-inspection for being in good condition, there's no other requirements.

Old 07-13-2012, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. Phil
My fastest is 11.4 @ 126, all I have is exhaust and a bike masters air filter
A 1000 should easily put you in the low 10s then. A 600rr will get you into the high 10s, maybe mid 10s if you are a tiny dude

Old 07-13-2012, 09:54 PM
February 2012 ROTM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Last month I check the nearest track to where I'm at is in Bakersfield....then I look at track session price is in that range $200-300....with instructor is in the $500s...maybe I'm looking at the wrong package but if it cheaper as what you said, then it's a manageable hobby...I'll look more into this...

Originally Posted by gotcbr
Estate,

Track days are going for $135-175 on avg. That is usually for 6-7 20min sessions for the day. W/a good track day org, that includes new track day rider instruction, control riders, EMT/ambulance svc, & corner workers (sometimes refreshments are supplied as well). Really, that's not bad compared to some other sports/hobbies.

As far as gear required for track days goes... A 2pc leather suit is more than sufficient. Most track day orgs don't require full 1pc suits. A back protector is usually required. A good helmet, boots, & gloves, which you should already have, covers the gear requirements.

For the bike... Many track day orgs require WaterWetter or equiv used instead of reg radiator fluid. The bike has to have the headlight/tail light lens/signal lens covered w/ tape (usually blue painters will suffice). Other than that, as long as the bike can pass tech-inspection for being in good condition, there's no other requirements.

Old 07-13-2012, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by estate4life
Last month I check the nearest track to where I'm at is in Bakersfield....then I look at track session price is in that range $200-300....with instructor is in the $500s...maybe I'm looking at the wrong package but if it cheaper as what you said, then it's a manageable hobby...I'll look more into this...
Where are you in Bakersfield? I'm in Bakersfield too

Old 07-14-2012, 07:45 AM

My last track day was 170 bucks for a full day. They did 320 for saturday and sunday. That included lunch both days. I have full leathers, boots and gloves but they do rent them at a lot of track events and the prices seemed reasonable.

Quick Reply: Pick up a 600rr or 1000rr?