F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Performance Speed Chip

Old 03-26-2007, 07:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Performance Speed Chip

I was just browsing ebay today and seen this......wondered if anyone has one and if so if the hp gain is what they claim it to be...also if you had a PCIII would you still be able to use this? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda...94360355QQrdZ1

Old 03-26-2007, 07:27 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Performance Speed Chip

Says it adjusts air/fuel and timing. PCIIIr does that. Seems like buying a health tonic to me. Ask them for a dyno chart and/ or a guarantee. You could be the board's official tester and let us know how it works. We could even get the admins to makea special smiley for you if it does.

Old 03-26-2007, 07:30 PM

ORIGINAL: Jaybird180

Says it adjusts air/fuel and timing. PCIIIr does that. Seems like buying a health tonic to me. Ask them for a dyno chart and/ or a guarantee. You could be the board's official tester and let us know how it works. We could even get the admins to makea special smiley for you if it does.
plusone

Old 03-26-2007, 07:42 PM

awesome....::::::stares off into space...my own official smiley:::::: I would be a legend in my own mind, I was thinking the same thing as you it's just blowing smoke up my @##.....I would rather buy some hotbodies flushmounts than experiment, just ordered a new tank pad, and undertail, so the flushmounts will definetly finish off the look im goin for....but then again my own official smiley...i have some serious thinking to do...lol

Old 03-26-2007, 07:53 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hog wash...don't buy it.
at WOT, your bike goes to a set map. you can't change timing, etc. beyond that...in particularly if it's plugged between the IAT and the ECU. ain't going to do anything.

Old 03-26-2007, 07:54 PM

i think that looks like a wanna-be PCiii. PCiii's also adjust fuel ratio and timing n stuff... would be good if you actually bought it and posted a thread on how it is and if it actually works.

Old 03-26-2007, 08:12 PM

Ddaren, go for it. You da man.

Old 03-26-2007, 08:17 PM

For the price of it and how much horsepower it claims to give you im thinking its b.s. if it actually gave that kind of horsepower gain they would charge alot more for it....I just wondered if you used it in conjunction with a PCIII if there would be any more gain, or if the 2 components would just be fighting eachother and have absolutely no gain.....

Old 03-26-2007, 08:49 PM
Banned

For the price of it and how much horsepower it claims to give you im thinking its b.s. if it actually gave that kind of horsepower gain they would charge alot more for it.
If it worked and didn't screw up your motor those clever little engineers in Japan would have installed it already.

Old 03-26-2007, 11:22 PM

Although you make a good point Fish, your reasoning is flawed. Engineers have to work within contstraints and cannot extract every bit of performance from a product. Honda in particular tries to design their bikes for mass appeal.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Performance Speed Chip