F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

People who got f4i as first bike

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2006, 02:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: People who got f4i as first bike

I had less than a weeks total riding experience, over the years, and then bought my F4i. Yes it can scare you as a 600 is no joke; and yes I was worried I bought the wrong thing. But I took it slow and taught myself how to ride (no, I didn't take a MSF or any other course) and 5 years later I'm still alive, have no accidents and no tickets. And I do push the limits more often than not. Ride with a little sense in your head and an F4i will be ok, even for a first bike.

Old 09-15-2006, 02:51 PM

I'm more concerned about dropping the bike then anything else. The weight is a bit concerning for someone who's never used a big bike. Though if I remember correctly, the rider is still in control of the twisty handle? So if someone's responsible, why should riding an F4i be anymore dangerous then say a 50cc scooter? Say I ride at 30 mph everywhere...why should I be in anymore danger then a cager or a moped rider?

Old 09-15-2006, 04:21 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

cause responsiblity and experience are two very different things. and the throttle response on an F4i should have never been comapred to that of a 50cc scooter. you are comparing walking up a hill and climbing mount everest.

Old 09-15-2006, 04:31 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A fast motorcycle is not the best training tool. It takes time for the reflexes to be changed from natural life-saving to how to safely ride a motorcycle. It's not necessarily the same. Some things instinctual will get you hurt on a M/C. Likewise it also takes time to go from the concept of riding (intellectual) to the practice of doing something. It's why Doctors spend years of education and then they get to "practice" on you.

Attitude is important, but you won't learn as much if you're afraid of it. Most people that talk respect, are afraid. I really started learning when I realized that a 600 is not that powerful (I've ridden several literbikes). Yes, my F4i gets enough steam to push me to the back of the seat, but everything is balance, and one must balance whats in between the ears with what happens in reality. Formal training helps a lot.

Old 09-15-2006, 04:45 PM

ORIGINAL: Jordan23

I saw a post like this in the 600rr section and there was a lot of good info...i'm looking into getting this as my first bike...and i'm trying to get as much information as i can...so have any of you regretted your decision?

the first time i parked my bike next to a RR i almost regretted my decision cuz i was thinkin about buying a brand new RR

but when my friend let me take out his RR after having my bike for 5 month, i just about puked when i sat on it. Ill save my *** the comfort and keep my F4i

Old 09-15-2006, 04:47 PM

ORIGINAL: Phi

i recently bought my 1st bike this past weekend!

i still don't know much about bikes . . . but i've learned alot the past few days though

i purchased a 2006 Honda CBR600 F4i (yellow/black). . . i love this bike to death!

ya, me2! today is my bikes 1 week birthday, and it already has 300+ mi on it...too bad its been raining the last 2 days so i cant ride. but i absolutly LOVE it so far!

Old 09-15-2006, 04:54 PM

ORIGINAL: woogie

If you take it easy, and have a mature approach to the throttle, you'll be OK. That is much more difficult than it sounds. Everybody gets one of these things and thinks "I'll take it easy and stay within my limits. I'll take it real slow." The truth is, most don't. These bikes inspire alot of confidence, and they are very capable - much more capable than you are. They only make you FEEL like you are a good rider. If you ride it like your racing Moto-GP in traffic (or pretty much anywhere else), your days are numbered. This bike is fast, very fast, and if you don't know how to restrain your self, you will definitely get hurt.

Be especially vigilant at low speed....390 or so pounds is alot when it gets even a little away from you. Lots of people on this board have hurt their pretty bikes when walking it or barely moving. In my opinion, this is probably the #1 place where a 250 is a better learner bike. It's not so heavy, so when you get off balance, you can usually catch it. A 250 is plenty fast enough to kill you too, if you don't take care.

Wear your gear, take the MSF, learn slowly, and don't ride like a bat-outta-hell, and ride like everyone else on the road is trying to kill you, you'll probably be fine.

I've done my best at the above, and it has worked out fine for me so far, no regrets.
agreed...i have had to force myself to not drive my bike like a drive my car...but i understand i need to resist and hold back, and do...bc i went a little heavy on the throttle once, and almost took the front end off the ground. so be very careful with the throttle...and be very very careful when your not going fast....im ashamed to admit it, but i downed my brand new f4i twice on the 1st day, once wen i was tryin to back it up in a parking lot, and the other time, i missed the kickstand, thought i had put it down, and....down it went...luckily nothing too too bad broke, but scratches on my 1st brand new vehicle rly sux...so b careful!

Old 09-15-2006, 04:56 PM

ORIGINAL: JVracer04

ORIGINAL: Jordan23

I saw a post like this in the 600rr section and there was a lot of good info...i'm looking into getting this as my first bike...and i'm trying to get as much information as i can...so have any of you regretted your decision?

the first time i parked my bike next to a RR i almost regretted my decision cuz i was thinkin about buying a brand new RR

but when my friend let me take out his RR after having my bike for 5 month, i just about puked when i sat on it. Ill save my *** the comfort and keep my F4i
haha, ya, my friend let me sit on his kawasaki GSX-R and just sitting on it for a minute made my *** hurt...plus his gf riding on that 4 inch by 4 inch piece of "foam" on the tail aint too comfy for her either

Old 09-15-2006, 06:09 PM

++++ for all of blackdog's posts. I give the same advice to all of my friends, although I don't think anyone has ever listened. Get a used ninja 250, ride it around for 6 months, and sell it for about the same price. If you drop it, no biggie. You will build your riding skills and confidence much quicker on a 250 than a SS 600. I learned on my buddy's ninja 250 for about 5 months, and then later purchased his yamaha fzr 600. Don't think a 250 is slow either - I remember switching to 2nd gear at 14k rpm and bringing the front wheel right up - really scary as a 1 month rider. Imagine what that could've been on a f4i...

Old 09-15-2006, 06:59 PM

ORIGINAL: rrasco

cause responsiblity and experience are two very different things. and the throttle response on an F4i should have never been comapred to that of a 50cc scooter. you are comparing walking up a hill and climbing mount everest.
Oh come on....are you saying that I can't sustain 30 or 40 mph on the F4i? Then I might as well not get any bike if I'm that crap. Can't I change gear and just cruise at 30 or 40 mph on this bike or am I forced to go up to 14k revs in every gear?? I've driven a Bentley Arnage 6 litre beast (company car) wich has the highest torque of any car on this planet...and I drove it just fine, never really going over 40 mph. It'll do 0-60 in 6 seconds I think and up to about 160 mph...doesn't mean you're forced to do it.

Quick Reply: People who got f4i as first bike