F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

People who got f4i as first bike

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2006, 05:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: People who got f4i as first bike

F4i is a pretty forgiving bike.....i got it as a first bike n don't regret it. But tell you the truth, i wouldn't get it new. I bought a used one and i'm very happy with it. I dropped my bike when i was just sitting on it in front of my friends house. Just lsot balance n down it went. i didn't feel too bad cause it was aclreayd scratched up. But if it was a new bike, i'd def wanna strangle myself...

Old 09-14-2006, 12:06 PM

ORIGINAL: Jordan23

I saw a post like this in the 600rr section and there was a lot of good info...i'm looking into getting this as my first bike...and i'm trying to get as much information as i can...so have any of you regretted your decision?
Just keep in mind that you are asking the opinion of people who have a MAXIMUM of five years of riding experience. On if you should buy a race replica as a starter bike.

I think you should get a R6 or a R1. It won't make my insurance go up.

Old 09-14-2006, 02:21 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well, there are a few with more than 5 years, myself not being one of them, but at any rate, here we go.......never ridden? want a brand new bike? get a used older bike, how about this, you buy a new bike, ill break the engine in for you, and you can ride my bike, when you total it, ill keep yours.[sm=hiya.gif] having an 87, there is almost a 20 year generational gap between mine and an F4i, and my bike has more than enough power to rip you off the back. having said that we will go back to ImmaSquashYou's post, this is also a very good reason NOT to buy a brand new bike because you WILL drop it, wreck it, or something else damaging to the bike merely out of lack of experience. check your local craigslist and save yourself some headache, drama, and cash. then spend that cash on some gear.

btw, NO BEGINNER should get a bike dubbed Racing Replica as their 1st bike.

Old 09-14-2006, 02:46 PM

I dont think it matters what you buy for a first bike as long as you have respect for the bike and don't jump on it and try to knee drag right away. Let people make fun of you for a while if thats what it takes. I'd rather ride in my limits and ride again then try to hang and eat it. If you want a 600rr id wait for the 07s to drop they are sexy. Plus older rr's should be cheaper with a new hotter more powerful model out.

Old 09-14-2006, 03:47 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's first a great bike, then a great starter bike. I've had mine for a month and already put 2k miles on it! It's very fast and very dangerous.

As a starter bike, you should expect to drop it, at least at low speed. From that point of view it's an expensive bike to damage, an expensive bike to insure as a first bike.

If you get one, get frame sliders and be prepared for cosmetic damage.

Take the MSF _BEFORE_ you ride it, dropping someone else's bike is so much better than your own.

That said, I couldnt have gotten a better starter bike.

Old 09-14-2006, 04:37 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've ridden a lot of other bikes but this is my first ownership. I'd have to say that I wouldn't recommend it for a loved one. But I wouldn't recommend street riding for a loved one who was a newbie either. Too much to think about when beginning. Dirt bikes and 50s make good training tools. (Hmmmmm, I may start looking for a fiddy).

Old 09-14-2006, 04:42 PM

I soo want to get my boy started on a fiddy. Then he won't have these issues. Expecially if dear old dad is buying the bike.

Old 09-14-2006, 04:57 PM

motocross bikes are by far the best tool for teaching traction limits, throttle/brake/clutch control and how your body position effects the motorcycle. i had 5 MX bikes before i ever owned a street bike.[sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 09-14-2006, 05:27 PM

i would never buy a brand new bike off the lot...1 for insurance reasons...and 2 because i know i'm going to drop it...i was looking at '01-'02...i also am going to invest in some frame sliders

Old 09-14-2006, 06:49 PM

Sounds like you have made your choice. Good luck.

If you are anywhere near Evansville, IN let me know I would be happy to try and help you get the hang of it.

Quick Reply: People who got f4i as first bike