F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

People who got f4i as first bike

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2006, 10:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default People who got f4i as first bike

I saw a post like this in the 600rr section and there was a lot of good info...i'm looking into getting this as my first bike...and i'm trying to get as much information as i can...so have any of you regretted your decision?

Old 09-13-2006, 10:42 PM
Phi
Default RE: People who got f4i as first bike

i recently bought my 1st bike this past weekend!

i still don't know much about bikes . . . but i've learned alot the past few days though

i purchased a 2006 Honda CBR600 F4i (yellow/black). . . i love this bike to death!

Old 09-13-2006, 10:54 PM

You'll hear a bunch of good stories about people getting it as their first bike, and you'll hear a bunch of people say not to get it and that it's way too much.

I picked up my '03 F4i about 6 weeks ago as my first bike ever. I haven't had any problems at all. The only problem with having a CBR as a first bike is that they're very unforgiving compared to a smaller(125, 250, 500) bike.

Old 09-13-2006, 11:06 PM

If you take it easy, and have a mature approach to the throttle, you'll be OK. That is much more difficult than it sounds. Everybody gets one of these things and thinks "I'll take it easy and stay within my limits. I'll take it real slow." The truth is, most don't. These bikes inspire alot of confidence, and they are very capable - much more capable than you are. They only make you FEEL like you are a good rider. If you ride it like your racing Moto-GP in traffic (or pretty much anywhere else), your days are numbered. This bike is fast, very fast, and if you don't know how to restrain your self, you will definitely get hurt.

Be especially vigilant at low speed....390 or so pounds is alot when it gets even a little away from you. Lots of people on this board have hurt their pretty bikes when walking it or barely moving. In my opinion, this is probably the #1 place where a 250 is a better learner bike. It's not so heavy, so when you get off balance, you can usually catch it. A 250 is plenty fast enough to kill you too, if you don't take care.

Wear your gear, take the MSF, learn slowly, and don't ride like a bat-outta-hell, and ride like everyone else on the road is trying to kill you, you'll probably be fine.

I've done my best at the above, and it has worked out fine for me so far, no regrets.

Old 09-13-2006, 11:09 PM

+++++1 on above post

Old 09-13-2006, 11:53 PM

I agree with woogie and the others, good advise. I purchased my first bike back in april of this year I bought a 2006 cbr 600 f4i. I had no previous street bike experience (all dirt). I love the bike and would not change anything. Best advice I can give you is respect the bike These bikes are very powerful. Take it easy on curves, a lot of people I know have lost control on curves and put their bike's down. Other than that good luck.

Old 09-14-2006, 12:02 AM
Retired Moderator

I didn't have a lick of riding experience EVER, and I bought an F4i. Great bike! Take the MSF, and have fun!!! It doesn't seem to be too much bike to start on in my opinion.

Old 09-14-2006, 12:54 AM

F4i was my first bike and still is my baby. I want a bigger bike , but this one has plenty more than any one person would need. It will scare you if you are not careful too. Ride smart

Old 09-14-2006, 01:04 AM

I started the 600rr post and I got good advice. I'm still bikeless and waiting for the right deal. The key word is Honda. You can't go wrong in the quality and the fact Hondas are rider-friendly. I've been on a Yammy and that was pretty rough!

Old 09-14-2006, 01:32 AM

06 yellow/gray and love it.

Quick Reply: People who got f4i as first bike