F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

PCIII uses and help

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2006, 07:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PCIII uses and help

Ok, first off its an '01 F4i. Secondly its just a PCIII, no USB or R. Thirdly, I have a full Hindle High Mount. I have the map on my laptop, and the connection for it, so what to do next? I'm wondering if this is even the right PC. Should I have the USB, or will this work fine? Whenever I run my bike it reads lean on the lowest setting, so I was going to try this map I have instead. I just flat out need help. I am also using the program off of Power Commander's website as well. Please help if you can understand what I am talking about, I know its hard to, especially the way I put it. Thanks!

Old 12-07-2006, 10:38 AM
Default RE: PCIII uses and help

OK so I am not the foremost expert on PC's - still skeptical about spending that much dough and not knowing exactly what it's going to do for the bike (yes I've read plenty so no need for anyone to preach here). However, I have contacted a dealer (or two) and they have been very helpful - so maybe they can help you too.

Check their web site @ www.fuelmotousa.com

Old 12-07-2006, 01:10 PM
Default RE: PCIII uses and help

all you need to do is load the map you want into the laptop from the provided maps on your installation cd, connect the laptop to the pcIII, and just click download map to pcIII with the key on or the power supply connected. if it works it will say something "like map transfer successful". I dont suggest making your own map unless you know what you are doing and have a wideband 02. just pick one that is close for what you have and go with that.