F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

pc map

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 12:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pc map

Anyone out there a pc map for an f4i with a yosh trs and k&n air filter.

Old 02-01-2007, 01:04 AM
Default RE: pc map

i dont want to hijack this thread but i was wondering somethin about this subject. what do you do if there is no map on the pc website for your current set up.. like if you have an exhaust thats not listed on the maps on their site?

Old 02-01-2007, 01:20 AM

Just call the guys up and tell them what exhaust you have and they will give you the next best thing to set your map too. I have a D&D and there is to specific map for that but they told me which other map to use.

Old 02-01-2007, 03:54 AM

What map did they tell you to use for your D&D setup??

Old 02-01-2007, 12:08 PM

ORIGINAL: jam027
Anyone out there a pc map for an f4i with a yosh trs and k&n air filter.
Well you're in luck jam - I just got my PC delivered about 5 minutes ago and it came pre-programmed with a map for my F4i which has a TRS pipe and a K&N!

Now if you can be patient for a couple days until I can hook this thing up to my computer (don't have www at home, only at work), I will try and send you the map. I'll do my best...

Joe

Old 02-01-2007, 01:35 PM

Curious about maps.

I understand that they are made for when you change out ur exhaust by either slip on or full exhaust change out. Do you have to have a map for just the stock bike with no add ons yet. What is the advantage of the power commander and maps other then just more hp or torque. (not sure if that what it gives you)

Also dont mean to hijack thread but since its being talked here thought i would see.

Old 02-02-2007, 12:08 AM

Honestly gongshow I have no idea but if you call powercommander up and ask they are real cool and nice guys. If you really want me to check it out I can get a laptop this weekend and check it for ya. But the quickest solution would be to just call em.

Old 02-02-2007, 12:26 AM

From what I understand is that dynojet does not have one for our combination of a yosh trs and k&n filter. What they do is load up which map thatis the closest to that combo. If you could just let me know which one they put on your pc that would be awsome.Thanks!

Old 02-02-2007, 12:04 PM

OK a couple things here:
In regards to using a PC on a completely stock bike - the answer is that YES there is a map to improve a stock bike. In addition to the HP and torque, you get much better throttle response throughout the power band.

Secondly: When i received my PC yesterday and hooked it up to my computer I noticed that the map they pre-installed is identical to the map on DynoJet's web site (for an '01 F4i with Yosh RS-3 and stock air filter). Now the RS-3 and the TRS are identical in terms of baffle, only difference is the look. When I called about the stock air vs. K&N they're response to me was this: "You would be better of running a stock filter on a Honda. K&N's don't enhance the performance of a Honda as much as it does for other mfgrs. The K&N allows so much air thru to the engine that it will run lean. The bike would need to be specifically tuned for that."

Well then why hasn't DynoJet come up with that map yet!?!?!? Do you mean to tell me that we are the only guys on earth with K&N's and a Yosh pipe on an F4i?!?!? My search continues guys... I'll letcha know what I come up with.

OH, and my install was a BITCH! Had to remove the tank to get at the connector and to be able to route that donkey-dick of a wire to the underside of my passenger seat. In the process the vent tube from my tank popped off and I got a little fuel running down the side of my bike. Oh and I lost another small piece on the backside of the tank grommet... had to place an order for that.

Other than that it was a lot of fun [:'(]

Old 02-02-2007, 12:17 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get a custom map done if you want the full benefit of the PC3. Each bike is different, and no one map will work the same on 2 bikes, even with identical parts. You paid a lot for your bike, and your mods. Pay a little extra and get all you can from it. I don't have the same bike but here are the results from my mapping. 9 HP ain't a bad gain.