F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Pazzo clone levers

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 08:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pazzo clone levers

So I am very aware there are tons of threads about this but I haven't been able to find the answer to my question in them. My clutch lever is bent and i have been thinking about getting some Pazzo clones but I'm not sure if I should get the shorty levers or the regular ones. I would like to get pros and cons of both levers. All I have found in threads is people saying how awesome the shorties look but I'm wondering about function. Do the shorties reduce the torque on the clutch and brake? My guess is yes but if you guys could give me pros and comes on both shorty and regular that would be great. Thanks.

Old 10-25-2010, 11:35 PM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Ask in the Hurricane section - a number of guys have fitted the short ones and are really happy with them.

Old 10-25-2010, 11:44 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There great. Function awesome. And I have a shorty pair(red) for sale(used them 3 months). Perfect condition-$40 shipped. I just got another pair, just a different color. Let me know.

Old 10-26-2010, 12:04 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Old 10-26-2010, 12:23 AM

I just installed a set of ebay shorties and I'm loving them, especially the brake side. I've always braked with two fingers anyway so no change in torque there. For the clutch, I've always used 4 fingers but with the shorties, I can only fit three. No problems with torque with three fingers. You could always lube the clutch cable if you're worried.

Old 10-26-2010, 07:50 AM

Hmm i dont know. I measured the stockers last night and just marked on the stock ones about how long the shorties are and seemed like the 1 1/4 doesn't get used on my levers as it is. OutlawF4 if they weren't red I would probley get them but to remove the anodizing and polish them up it's just to much work and still wouldn't be the right color but thanks. If I change my mind I'll let you know.

Old 10-26-2010, 01:08 PM

I had similar concerns before I got the ebay knockoff shorties but since they were so cheap I got a pair to try. They took a bit of getting used to (maybe 2 days of commuting) but now my hands remember where to go and they work just as good as the OEM levers, same power/feel at the lever (but obviously they look way better).

Old 10-27-2010, 08:46 AM

I think I'm Gunna end up with the regular length ones just to be safe. Either will look better then stock so it's still a win win. Lol.

Old 10-27-2010, 09:25 AM

I have standard length on my bike now, and my friend has the shorties on his.
I've ridden his bike many times and I don't mind the way they feel, but I definetly prefer the standards.

They look much better though too.

Old 10-27-2010, 11:44 AM

Hmm still think I'll go with the standard length. I'm hoping once I get most of my goody parts and stuff I'll finally post pics of her so everyone can see.

Quick Reply: Pazzo clone levers