F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Passenger Specs Please!

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2009, 09:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Passenger Specs Please!

Hey all I ride and 02 F4i and am getting ready to ride for the first time with a passenger. I am aware I need to adjust the suspension and most likely the tire pressure. Unfortunately, when I bought the bike it did not come with and owners manual which supposedly has the riding with a passenger specs. If someone could please tell me the specs for the suspension and tire pressure (or anything else I may need to know) that would be great! Thanks.

Old 06-14-2009, 11:01 AM

Actually, there's a little sticker down on the swing arm that gives tire inflation specs. Least mine has it. It gives same pressure solo or two-up.

As for suspension, as mentioned in other threads, setting it for two up is iffy at best. Try it stock and see how it feels. Maybe run the preload up a little. Chances are, you're not gonna need to do that.

--Paul

Old 06-14-2009, 11:09 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

max the tire pressure per what it says on your tires, usually 42 rear, 40 front front I think. The suspension tho depends on your weight and your passengers weight. But you should only have to jack the preload up.

Old 06-14-2009, 12:16 PM
July 2008 ROTM

I never adjust my suspension or pressure when riding two up if it helps, haha. Doesn't bother me any.

Though maybe I don't know what I'm missing. *shrug*

Old 06-14-2009, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by Aken
I never adjust my suspension or pressure when riding two up if it helps, haha. Doesn't bother me any.

Though maybe I don't know what I'm missing. *shrug*
I havent had to either, but I have noticed leaning is easier with a passenger lol. Also noticed in the pix from the Dragon my bike sits lower than I like with a passenger. But hopefully she'll have her own bike here soon

Old 06-14-2009, 12:23 PM
July 2008 ROTM

Off topic, but there's a couple nice sweeping turns around here that I can go through faster with a passenger than I can by myself. Not sure why, lol.

Old 06-14-2009, 12:28 PM

Off topic, but there's a couple nice sweeping turns around here that I can go through faster with a passenger than I can by myself. Not sure why, lol.
last trip we took to the dragon I was scraping toes left and right 2up(i dont hang off any when riding a passenger) lol. I think the added weight makes the bike lean easier n more than we're use too normally. I cant seem to go as fast or lean as much solo either lol. Maybe we need Busa's now??? lmmfao

Old 06-14-2009, 12:35 PM
Ladies Lounge Moderator

More rear traction from the weight?

Old 06-14-2009, 07:11 PM

I guess I will ride the way I have it already set then as far as suspension. Tires are all good so we will see how it goes! Thanks a ton everyone!

Old 06-14-2009, 09:41 PM

I kinda feel the same way aken does. Don't adjust anything, and can seemingly go through some turns faster. Mine are left turns. I can cruise right through.

Quick Reply: Passenger Specs Please!