F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

passanger tips

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 10:48 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default passanger tips

i've only been riding for three weeks. my g/f wants to (eventually) ride w/ me. i have NO plans on taking her anytime soon as i still want to gain more experience myself. but i thought i'd ask, what are some good tips/general rules for caring a passenger? i plan on having her in full gear.......meaning from HEAD TO TOE. and how long did you guys wait to take a passenger? im anxious to take her w/ me but i know its too early and i dont want anything bad on my conscience. so what are some tips/rules?

Old 05-03-2007, 11:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: passanger tips

You have been only riding for 3 weeks total? IMO, you need to feel 100% confident with your riding on your own before you take the responsibility of someone else's life in your hands. You may not mean to hurt someone, thats why they call them accidents. Experience is something you can't buy in a store.

Old 05-03-2007, 11:20 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thats why i posted that i DONT plan on doing so until i get more experience under my belt. i DONT want that on my conscience, which is what i said above. i was just curious as to what tips and what not people had for taking passangers. and no this isnt a question that im asking, saying that im not going to do it, then go and do it after hearing the tips/advice. its as clear as its typed. just curious, idk.....i think the extra weight would be f'kn nerve racking.

Old 05-03-2007, 11:25 PM

Sorry read it wrong. There are such things as good riders and bad riders, or passengers. I tried giving a girl a ride who weighed more than me, and when we were at a light, she almost tipped me over and that was the last time I gave her a ride. But when they ride, they put their arms around you when you take off and when you slow down and stop, they use the gas tank to brace themselves when slowing down, When you lean or if you lean corners, have them lean with you and not against you. But I would say just take corners slow without any leaning for awhile, til you get good at it. As you are riding, they really don't need to hold on to you at all that much. They can also use their legs to hold on to you. They squeeze on you and that helps also.

Old 05-03-2007, 11:35 PM

+1 on the part where they hold on the tank instead of you when you slow down. the boys dont like being crushed if you catch my drift...

Old 05-03-2007, 11:37 PM

Man, I tell the ladies that if I'm turning right,they should put their helmet onthe right side on mine and keep their body even with mine,, they seem to understand that,, Oh Yeah, and tell them to look into the corner, they'll learn too!! It seems to work!

Old 05-04-2007, 12:22 AM

jay you will fill the bike resisting you so bad when you have someone else on it. oh man. i just tell the girl dont move. look straight dont lean. ill do the work myself. just like in bed j/k........

Old 05-04-2007, 12:51 AM

Sounds like someone needs to start pickin up skinnier chicks :-P jkjk lol

Old 05-04-2007, 01:00 AM

It was my sister.

Old 05-04-2007, 01:30 AM
Retired Moderator

If she is a brand new passenger, when you go through the turns, have her turn her head the direction you are turning...don't worry about her "leaning" with you just yet. Also, +1 on holding the tank when slowing down.

Quick Reply: passanger tips