F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Parts Diagram Issue!

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2020, 05:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Parts Diagram Issue!

Good morning all!

I recently purchased a 2004 CBR600F4i as my first 'big boy' bike (had a CB125F before!). I love the bike but I suspect an issue with the FPR as it was sat around for a while before I bought it and I'm getting all of the telltale signs! I went to check the vacuum line to the FPR the other day but noticed that the hose / pipe didn't look to be in great shape, obviously expected due to it being 16 years old! So I went in search of a replacement hose and this is where my issue come in to play...

I found a handy website which lists all of the parts here. I can clearly see that the FPR is part #20 and I can see that the vacuum hose coming off of the FPR points me to page "E-18-1", however I cannot find "E-18-1" anywhere! From my master powers of deduction I can see that "E" relates to Engine and 18 must be the page number. However I can see in the bottom right hand side of the diagram on that site that I am on page "MBWE-E1802" so I would assume there would be an "E1801" where I would find the tube I am searching for...But I've had no luck tracking this page down on the linked site or any of the various other sites with the F4i parts listed! Can someone tell me that I'm being an idiot please and point out what I've missed? Or, if someone happens to know the part number I'm after then I'd be eternally grateful!

On a separate note to the above, the fuel return hose into the FPR on my bike is also very perished and is in need of replacing. I've found the part number (17525MCC003) and can buy the OEM part for around £20 but if I knew the hose size / diameter then I could probably pick something up a lot cheaper! Would anyone be able to advise me on this also? Or would you recommend getting the OEM part as it'll be rated for the correct pressure etc.?

Thanks very much in advance!

Old 02-24-2020, 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by ZuluWhiskey
On a separate note to the above, the fuel return hose into the FPR on my bike is also very perished and is in need of replacing. I've found the part number (17525MCC003) and can buy the OEM part for around £20 but if I knew the hose size / diameter then I could probably pick something up a lot cheaper! Would anyone be able to advise me on this also? Or would you recommend getting the OEM part as it'll be rated for the correct pressure etc.?
I can't seem to edit my post unfortunately but I just spotted this thread which mostly answers my second question! I'll ask the OP of that post on what pipes they used :-)

Old 02-24-2020, 06:11 AM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

The vacuum line to the fpr is just a piece of bulk vacuum hose. The fuel return hose is also bulk fuel line. Both are readily available at any auto parts store. Bring the old ones with you and they will cut you some pieces.

Old 02-24-2020, 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by 74demon
The vacuum line to the fpr is just a piece of bulk vacuum hose. The fuel return hose is also bulk fuel line. Both are readily available at any auto parts store. Bring the old ones with you and they will cut you some pieces.
Thanks so much for the super speedy response 74demon! I'm not the most mechanically minded so I thought it'd be best to A) get the OEM parts or B) ask here for advice! So thank you very much for your response, it's greatly appreciated :-)