F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Which ones better

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 09:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which ones better

I'm about to order a set of HEL front SS brake lines. I did the backs last weekend and they look amazing, still too cold to ride tho.. But anyway it seems you can get the front line in standard which I think is like stock, One line coming from the master and splits and then theres the full which I read is two lines coming from the master going to each cal. My question is Which one is better? Does it even matter? What are the pros and cons of each? The price is the same for both. I never take my bike to the track and I dont knee drag, it is a daily driver in the summer but I do rip it alot and need to stop hard sometimes. Any input is very much appreciated! Thanks

Old 01-13-2011, 09:12 PM

How do you plan to connect two lines to your master cylinder???

Old 01-13-2011, 09:15 PM

HEL states you double up the banjo bolts(one on top of the other) and use 3 copper washer, They have pictures on there web site

Old 01-13-2011, 09:43 PM

Ic. Well with two full length lines in theory there is nearly twice the amount of line to flex (requiring more fluid to do the same amount of work)

I'm guessing that's for more of a universal application. I would go with the standard one.

Old 01-13-2011, 09:53 PM
July 2010 ROTM

i dont think youll notice a difference but most aftermarket ones r 2 separate lines and most stock lines r 2 separate ones too on other non honda bikes. i ran 2 separate lines, likesd it better, i trust it to actuate the pistons more equally than a t or splitting at a caliper. but i think its more just preference-just wanted to say youd be good either way

Old 01-14-2011, 05:50 PM

When I put stainless lines on my last f4i I went with the double lines. They actually use one longer banjo bolt with a copper washer between the lines. The advantage is elimination of the T-block supposedly makes it easier to bleed the system more thoroughly, one less place for air to be trapped.
As vangill said, you'll probably be happy with either system as long as you get all of the air out when you bleed them.
Make sure you do some practice stops and learn your new braking abilities so you don't get caught by a surprise stoppie when you're not expecting it.