F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Numbing Vibration

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 01:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My bike does the exact same thing. My mechanic says it's normal, just notice it more when crusing on the hwy.

Old 05-28-2010, 10:22 PM

I've never ridden a sport bike that didn't make my fingers go numb. Nor have I ever seen someone who didn't have a problem with their fingers going numb. Just have to shake your hands out every once in a while. Whenever I ride in packs, it looks like we're all a bunch of epileptics. lol

The vibrations will change at different rpms since the bike is vibrating because of the engine. I think your bike is fine.

Old 05-29-2010, 01:34 AM

Originally Posted by Jrzy Goat
I've never ridden a sport bike that didn't make my fingers go numb. Nor have I ever seen someone who didn't have a problem with their fingers going numb. Just have to shake your hands out every once in a while. Whenever I ride in packs, it looks like we're all a bunch of epileptics. lol

The vibrations will change at different rpms since the bike is vibrating because of the engine. I think your bike is fine.
Thanks for the input. I am a total noob when it comes to motorcycles since this is my first one. I am definitely learning.

Old 06-03-2010, 11:25 PM

I asked around and lots of folks say their F4i is super smooth, coasting at 70 mph, it's very noticable and when I pull the clutch in, it's super smooth, any thoughts as to where i should look?

Old 06-04-2010, 11:52 AM

I have an 02 F4i and I can't feel my fingers after 20 mins on the highway. Thats why I started riding without holding the handlebars.

Old 06-04-2010, 12:25 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

While all sportbikes vibrate to some degree there are plenty of steps you can take to minimize this...

1. Get nice grips. Not the flashy "CBR" chrome grips but some nice cushy ones. Stock grips are crap.
2. Make sure your bar ends are tightened. Most of the purpose of weighted bar ends is to minimize vibes.
3. WEAR GLOVES (nice ones)- this should be a given, unless your a dim-wit squid
4. Loosen your grip, you don't realize until your hand goes numb but just relaxing your palm while cruising helps ALOT.

I see harleys at redlights and they rattle so much it looks like their mirrors are going to fall off. Serves em right for riding such a POS.

Old 06-04-2010, 12:30 PM

Hey Z Freak... like many have said, this is pretty common. I think Sick97SS said it best, a good pair of gloves could help reduce vibration. When I take my bike for longer trips, I'll often rest my left hand and stretch out the gas hand at lights.

Old 06-04-2010, 03:17 PM

my hands go numb while riding too...ill usually just leave my left hand on my tank while coasting and shake out my right while stopped....i also try not to choke my handles to death

Old 06-04-2010, 04:17 PM
June 2011 ROTM

Make sure your mid pipe is pushed all the way in to your headers and tightened securely. I recently had my mid pipe off, threw it back on real quick and went for a ride. I had some wicked vibrations myself. So I went home and looked around and noticed that my mid pipe wasnt pushed all the way back
I got it all back together properly and now the vibrations are gone.
Hopefully thats your issue.

My fingers will go numb occasionally, but only on rides lasting longer than 30 minutes. It shouldnt make your hands tingle and go numb as if your using a weed eater or a leaf blower or something.

Last edited by KdubyaH; 06-04-2010 at 04:19 PM.
Old 06-04-2010, 07:04 PM

Vibration reducing bar ends>>>> http://www.hvmparts.com/honda.htm

never used them, but been thinking about buying some.

Quick Reply: Numbing Vibration