F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Not a happy discovery...

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 06:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not a happy discovery...

Alright, so i was home this weekend, and as usualI was messing around with my bike. I don't know why it didn't hit me sooner, but i JUST realised that i had a Micron sticker on the left side of my swingarm (left if your sitting on the bike). and seeing as i don;t have a Micron i peeled it off. Well, surprise surprise, underneeth the sticker was a significant amount of scratching and rough metal. Now i immediatley freaked and started searching for other things that may have been covered up prior to my purchase.

I didn't find anything, and then it hit me. some of my old dirt bikes used to have those really stuborn stickers that were almost metal (like the VIN sticker) on the swing arms... does the F4i (2004) have one there? even though it still sucks, i'll be alot more happy knowing that someone did a Sh!tty job of removing a sticker than thinking my bike was down at some point.

Old 02-05-2008, 06:19 PM
Default RE: Not a happy discovery...

Yeah there's actually two stickers there. One's a warning about riding with improper air pressure and the other is specifications on air pressure and chain freeplay, stuff like that. Mine were a pain to get off. Lots of goo-gone and a sore finger nail area.

Old 02-05-2008, 07:43 PM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yea I peeled mine off too and they were a f00king bitch to get off, so there's a good chance that's where the scratches came from. But then again mine has also wabbled its way off the rear stand and fell off, and got some scratches from that on the swingarm (the bike didn't fall over, just tilted and got caught in the stand).

Old 02-05-2008, 11:01 PM
Registered Users

^^^ third what they said....i used a heat gun to at least get them to start peeling then scratched til my fingers bled (no not really)...but a lot of goo gone (which may i add is man's best friend)...and they came off...i can see someone get frustrated though and using a screwdriver or something and not realizing they were scratching through the powder....

i wouldn't sweat it!

Old 02-05-2008, 11:06 PM

I just used a razor blade and rubbing alcohol and they came off with no problems other than a fine dirt line where the sticker used to be.

Old 02-05-2008, 11:22 PM

Alright thanks guys, i think what Ffingers said is what happened, got fed up and used a screw driver or something. it sucks though because now ihave this whole F-ed up section of my swing arm. looks like i need a new sticker... unles someone has a miracle cure that doesn;t involve removal and re-coat.

Old 02-05-2008, 11:34 PM

any aftermarket parts on the bike???........get a brand sticker you like and slap it on.....or buy a CBR sticker.....lnky

idk my 2cents

Old 02-06-2008, 12:00 AM

I polished my swignarm in that place... alot of work but it looks really nice when its done.

Old 02-06-2008, 12:30 AM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Put a Woody sticker on it[8D] I've got a bunch of various stickers (Honda, HRC, Woody, various afterparket parts, ect) if you need some

Old 02-06-2008, 08:19 AM

I still have my stock stickers on my swingarm and I do agree that they are ugly as you can see below. But like everyone is saying, If you have any aftermarket stuff on your bike, Find some stickers made by them and see how it's looks.

Quick Reply: Not a happy discovery...