F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

NOOB needs help with 2001 f4I

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 01:56 AM
Dro
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NOOB needs help with 2001 f4I

Hi im a new member and new to bikes. I recently bought a 2001 f4I and have had no problems with the bike untill this weedend. I came home from a ride this weekend and parked the bike, when I went to get on it again later and start it , it wouldnt. The fuel primer doesnt come on and the only way it stays running is if I hold in the start button. also my headlights arnt working and my turn signals both stay on and dont blink. While im holding in the start button and the bike is running if I turn on my turn signal the bike shuts off. I did some searching and was wondering if anyone knows if it is for shure the tip (aka) bank sensor. Your help is much appreciated, Thanks in advance.

Old 06-19-2007, 02:05 AM
Default RE: NOOB needs help with 2001 f4I

same problem i had... theres about 3 threads on it...

It's headlight relay... were you doing any wheelies or anything? It's the little box between the headlights...i think its below the bank angle sensor...

check the green wire on themain harness see if its all f'd up
check the fuses... pull the headlight one and try and start the bike... Inoticed if i pulled that fuse the bike would start...(another indication its the headlight relay) search some more... i dont have time right now, maybe i will look later.

Old 06-19-2007, 02:54 AM
Dro

No I wasnt doing wheelies. I just went out and tried to bypass the bank angle sensor and the primer still dont come on and i still need to keep in the start button for it to stay running. I also started it and held in the start button and turned the sensor on its side and the bike shut off. so im thinking the BAS is working fine. I didnt try what you said about pulling the headlight fuse, imma try that and hopfully that works. Ohh there is 2 little black boxes under the BAS, witch one is the headlight relay?

Old 06-19-2007, 12:19 PM

ORIGINAL: Dro

No I wasnt doing wheelies. I just went out and tried to bypass the bank angle sensor and the primer still dont come on and i still need to keep in the start button for it to stay running. I also started it and held in the start button and turned the sensor on its side and the bike shut off. so im thinking the BAS is working fine. I didnt try what you said about pulling the headlight fuse, imma try that and hopfully that works. Ohh there is 2 little black boxes under the BAS, witch one is the headlight relay?
Re-read his post. Also search. Also don't every say "imma". It makes you sound like a putz.

Old 06-19-2007, 12:31 PM

did you check the battery? if the battery doesn't have a strong enough charge it won't be able to support the fuel pump more or less the lights and signals. Unless you laid it down you shouldn't have any problems with the bank sensor.

Old 06-19-2007, 01:04 PM

(chornbe) your a putz no wait... your a tool you should re-read your **** before you start going off on some one. hope that wording doesnt excite you H-mo. the guy is only trying toget info so pleasedont try and be so clever because i notice for you, it does not work.

Old 06-19-2007, 02:08 PM
Retired Moderator

This thread is about helping a new member get his bike running properly. It has nothing to do with calling eachother names. That can be done by using the "pm" button underneath the intended members name. Thanks...

Old 06-19-2007, 03:01 PM

All i can say is battery and fuses if you already checked the headlamp connection.

Old 06-19-2007, 04:06 PM

I would check the connector between the main harness and upper harness... the green wire pin, will probably be messed up. To fix my problem i replaced the wiring harness and relay... Hard to say which would have fixed it.

Old 06-19-2007, 08:02 PM
Dro

Thanks for your help guys. I did what suicidal said and took out the headlight fuse, and it started right up. So I went to the Honda dealer and oredered the headlight relay. They had a turn signal relay in stock so I bought that also. I thought it might be the headlight relay and the turn sinal relay.I installed the turnsignal relay. The bike started right up but if I turned on the turn signal it still shut the bike down. So right now my headlight dont work and ifI use my turn signals the bike shuts off, and I have to have the headlight fuse out for it to run. I tried putting the headlight fuse back in and taking out the turn signal fuse but then the bike wouldnt start at all, even if I held in the start button. So I guess ill let you guys know what happenes when I get the headlight relay on.

Quick Reply: NOOB needs help with 2001 f4I