F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

noob here ? on f4i I might buy PICS

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 04:03 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: noob here ? on f4i I might buy

the miles i wouldnt be worried about. the damage looks fine. why was the clutch cable replaced though ? when was the last time it was tuned up. hows the chain/sprockets ? and registration is that paid ? if everything checks out good id say get it

Old 02-06-2007, 04:37 AM

I tried to run a carfax on it and it had a invalid vin.Can you run a carfax on a bike?I know the vin is good cause he has the clear title for it!

Old 02-06-2007, 06:11 AM

hmmm... for me... i'd be most worried bout the miles.

about the drop... it all depends. did the bike drop while moving? or did he come to a stop, loose his footing, and drop it? and if he wasn't moving... how did he drop it? did he drop it or did he guide it down?

I dropped my bike like 10 times the first month I got it, and there's the scratches on the stator cover, but my bike is working perfectly, no leaks, no problems, nothing. I only dropped it when I came to stops, noobs like me have a problem with slamming the front brake and loosing balance. lol. but each time, i guided it down, i didn't let it fall completely on its own.

Old 02-06-2007, 10:36 AM

Bike looks good but like you said the miles are high. As for the drops try to get some more details about the drops

Old 02-06-2007, 01:41 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

walk away......trust me on this one...

a drop with scratches like that on the stator, swingarm AND rear peg?? it's not just a drop. i've down'd mine going 70 and anyone who has gone down in a left will have those same marks...he went down going at least 10 mph and the bike dragged.

also...the chain tells me that he doesn't maintain the bike well. even if the chain needed swapping, it should never be rusted up that bad.

why is the rear set feeler on the brake side missing? why is the can scratched? why does the bar end look like it's been repainted and has more scratches on there?

the right and left fairings on put back properly...maybe nothing, maybe he just got new fairings to mask the lowside.

so...did he lower the bike? the forks stick out way more than they should...i think something bad has happened to the bike and he fixed it back up.

as far as service...some that he definitely missed if his chain looks like that...valve check, fork oil change, coolant flush, brake flush, etc.
check to see how mirky the coolant is...i bet it's gumm'd up.

he's not telling you the truth...don't buy it.

Old 02-06-2007, 02:08 PM

+1 w/ Tahoe there is no way in hell that damage was from dropping while moving it. especially that heel gaurd. If he's fibbin about that what else doesn't he want u to know. It is also probably why clutch cable was replaced, it snapped when it went down. IMO[:@]

Old 02-06-2007, 03:36 PM

He just told me he took a spill going about 20! The can he bought it like that! The reason for the rust on the chain it's been sitting since Nov. He starts it every now and then! How much is it for a dealership to check the bike over or should I not even bother and walk away like you said!

Old 02-06-2007, 03:47 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

why didn't he say that before?

the clutch side fo sho went down, but the brake side also looks lik it may have been down too.

ask him if he ever did anything with the forks...but wait to see what he says. the front has been lowered via forks.

i ride a crashed bike...got backed into by a delivery truck and dropped it to tell the bish to stop and not run over the bike...crashed once going 70 but when it actually went down i was going like 40...then got pissed at the bike cause it was stuck in gear and picked it up and dropped it back down 2x...so total...1 crash, and 3 drops...

how does my bike run today? runs like a champ!!!

so...it's really up to you...but that chain thing...even if you have it sit and it's coated in wax...like it should be...shouldn't rust out that like.

ask him about maintenance...

Old 02-06-2007, 04:02 PM

just ride out the bike and see if there is any oil leak from the stator cover. if no, then i dont think that there are major problems with that bike.
the chain does look messed up. but for 70-100 buck you can get that taken care off, so thats the least of your worries.

Old 02-06-2007, 04:04 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

in the end man its up to you.. were only here to guide you. if you feel the bike is that good a deal where you cant walk away, then get it. but if you get that funny feelin and a voice that sounds like william hung in the back of your head then walk away. good luck either way

Quick Reply: noob here ? on f4i I might buy PICS