F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

no longer a wheelie virgin

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 01:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: no longer a wheelie virgin

2 things...

I was going to say that the best way to learn is to be around people who know what they're doing, so it seems like you got that covered. watch them and learn from them.

and 2... think i found what may be causing your front end "tat-tat-tat" issue. slamming the front end down like that is GOING to cause issues. i know its part of the learning process, i did it to, but you have to learn throttle control, not only is it important for maintaining BP in a wheelie, but its important for setting it down nice and easy. instead of just cutting off the throttle, roll off slowly, not only will it be better for the bike, but you will get the feeling of how the bike can be affected with only a little bit of gas.

Old 10-26-2008, 07:44 AM

ORIGINAL: itgbudeev

2 things...

I was going to say that the best way to learn is to be around people who know what they're doing, so it seems like you got that covered. watch them and learn from them.

and 2... think i found what may be causing your front end "tat-tat-tat" issue. slamming the front end down like that is GOING to cause issues. i know its part of the learning process, i did it to, but you have to learn throttle control, not only is it important for maintaining BP in a wheelie, but its important for setting it down nice and easy. instead of just cutting off the throttle, roll off slowly, not only will it be better for the bike, but you will get the feeling of how the bike can be affected with only a little bit of gas.
the first time it happen was last week, before I started to learn wheelies.

Old 10-27-2008, 02:33 AM

How many RPM's are needed before leting go the clutch and lift the bike up? I can powerwheelie pretty good but i'm afraid of clutch it :P
Still rookie

Old 10-27-2008, 12:34 PM

my bike doesn't power wheelie anymore.[:@] dunno why. i went from qualifiers to Pilot powers. I think that's what did it but not too sure...

Old 10-27-2008, 02:55 PM

Had the same power wheelie issue after I got new pirelli tires. I think was just going from a worn tire that is smaller diameter, due to wear, to a new tire with more tread and larger diameter.

Old 10-27-2008, 04:55 PM

Hey Flyou, Its not your tires its your clutch. I had Pilot powers and did wheelies all day long. The clutch plates wear down whenever you rip on the throttle. Trust me I am on my 3rd clutch now, from experience my friend.

Adidas, you can slip your clutch from 3-6K rpms.

Old 10-28-2008, 07:18 AM

ORIGINAL: FLYOU

my bike doesn't power wheelie anymore.[:@] dunno why. i went from qualifiers to Pilot powers. I think that's what did it but not too sure...
If the tires were new it's a normal thing..i think! [:@] You need to wear the rear tire for at least 300 Km to reach their best grip

Old 10-28-2008, 07:19 AM

ORIGINAL: Stephens

Adidas, you can slip your clutch from 3-6K rpms.
Thx!

Old 10-28-2008, 01:16 PM

The more you give the throttle gas when you slip the clutch the higher it will bring the front end up. Pretty basic physics.

Old 10-31-2008, 01:05 PM

lookin good man not bad for it only being your 4th dayi used to power wheelie them but i just learned the clutch love i only been trying them for like two weeks. check out my video dnt no how to edit it so theres kinda gaps.

myspace.com/famef4i

Quick Reply: no longer a wheelie virgin