F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

no longer a wheelie virgin

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 12:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: no longer a wheelie virgin

5 seconds is a good solid wheelie. Once you have your balance point you will be able to do a 10 or 15 second long wheelie.

Old 10-24-2008, 04:55 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yf3O1W7ThNY

Old 10-24-2008, 05:28 PM

I am assuming thats you in the video? Looking good, try to get it up a bit higher and carry them longer.

Old 10-25-2008, 01:30 AM

just heads up, from what the video shows and what you state... that's not a balance point wheelie. Your wheel will be alot higher once you hit BP. A few things i'm hearing when you wheelie... your letting off to hard, and eventually your going to blow your front fork seals. dropping a wheelie that hard to many times will start to cost you big later down the road. I have a few friends during learning that have gone through about 10 set of fork seals!! if you can try not to let off to violently. also COVER YOUR REAR BRAKE!!! don't let off the throttle to quick and use the rear brake to slow you down and lower your front without dropping it.

Old 10-25-2008, 06:57 AM

thanks

Old 10-25-2008, 07:07 AM

I said " I felt my first BP" , Not mastered it. Maybe you missed the title, 4th day of practice. But thanks for the info, It's hard not to let the throtttle go.

Old 10-25-2008, 07:12 AM

ORIGINAL: nekidfrog

just heads up, from what the video shows and what you state... that's not a balance point wheelie. Your wheel will be alot higher once you hit BP. A few things i'm hearing when you wheelie... your letting off to hard, and eventually your going to blow your front fork seals. dropping a wheelie that hard to many times will start to cost you big later down the road. I have a few friends during learning that have gone through about 10 set of fork seals!! if you can try not to let off to violently. also COVER YOUR REAR BRAKE!!! don't let off the throttle to quick and use the rear brake to slow you down and lower your front without dropping it.
I said I felt the BP, not mastered it. Thanks for the info, It's hard for me not let the throttle go. It's only been 4 days of practice, and I haven't been letting them all drop as hard as they been yesterday. Also, I am covering the brake, I just haven't got the ***** to use it yet. hopefully I get some practice in today.

Old 10-25-2008, 10:44 AM

Hey give the guy a break, he's learning still. It will take you awhile and lots and lots of wheelies to get to your balance point. Thats why I said, do a 5 or 10 second wheelie and you will be gettting closer. The higher you bring it up the longer you will be able to hold it up. Keep working on it, looking good so far. And as for your fork seals, yes someday you will eventually break those seals, I have been riding one wheel for 2 years now, and my seals are still good.

Old 10-25-2008, 09:00 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8bTEh_Llsw

Old 10-26-2008, 01:23 AM

nice stretch of road you guys got there. i think its easier to start learning clutch wheelies rather than bouncing it. you go a little bit faster, but while it would be worse to crash, the bike has less tendency to want to fall sideways. i know its scary, but when your bike starts to get high, instead of chipping the throttle off, just hold it still. the other people are right, your fork seals will go bad pretty fast with those landings. hope some of that helps!

Quick Reply: no longer a wheelie virgin