F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

No Acceleration

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2008, 02:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Acceleration

Hey have been reading through the post at work have been lots of help. Okay have a 2004 Honda cbr f4i jumper on it today and went to kick into first gear. Pull accelerator and easied off clutch bike starts to roll but then asI pulled harder bike creeps, got it up to 30 mph to get it home but rpm where like at redline shifts into neutral and all gears. When I got near a hill speed decelerates but rpm are up.

Old 04-18-2008, 02:30 PM
Default RE: No Acceleration

might wanna check the clutch cable adjustment. Sounds like a slipping clutch to me

Old 04-18-2008, 03:36 PM

did this just randomly start or has it been happening lately and gradually getting worse?
+1 on the clutch cable or something in that area.

Old 04-18-2008, 07:15 PM

possibly you need a new clutch and not just the cable.

Old 04-18-2008, 09:04 PM

first stop taking meth before posting. may also help not to be a cranked up when you ride too.

you either a)forgot to let the clutch all the way out, j/k or like the others said, your cable or actual clutch. for whatever reason the plates arent fully engaging

Old 04-18-2008, 11:33 PM

[hr]Clutch problems here. If RPMS are going up but speed is decreasing/staying the same, the clutch is slipping. Check cable adjustment. If your clutch lever is tight against the stop at the handle bar, your clutch may not be fully engaging. Check tha manual for the proper freeplay. If your cable is set to the correct freeplay i would guess that your clutch is slipping. It is a wet clutch, if you are slipping that much with proper adjustment, well someone most likely beat on the bike before you got it

Old 04-19-2008, 08:00 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: simmadown

[hr]
Clutch problems here. If RPMS are going up but speed is decreasing/staying the same........
I beg to differ.....Last year I didn't proper connect the wire to the battery so whenever I hit a bump or whatever the RPMS would redline and the speed would go to 0 then it would jerk for a sec as it regains it's power or it would shut the bike off.

Old 04-19-2008, 08:57 AM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

Sounds like the Clutch if you did a burnout recently you most likely melted the clutch plates and... thats always fun to deal with. if not it's either loose or it just went out on its own.

Old 04-19-2008, 10:08 AM

His doesn't sound like the electrical problem you just described. His bike is not shutting off/ resetting as your was. The RPM reading is increasing because the engine is spinning faster not because he lost power for a second and the bike reset.

Old 04-19-2008, 11:37 AM

Burnouts are just what they state, the burnout your clutch. I did a circular burnout to burn up my old tire before I put my new one on. Pretty cool huh? Well, after a 179.00 clutch, cuz of it. I don't do burnouts any more. Its your clutch.

Quick Reply: No Acceleration