F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Newbie - basket case F4i, need lots of help

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 08:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie - basket case F4i, need lots of help

Ok, i bought a 2004 f4i last week from Baton Rouge LA and it got delivered today in NC. It was turned into a street fighter bc its missing the fairings and has the transformer looking aftermarket headlight. the ignition is cut and the wiring is hacked all up. I put jumper cables on it and aint getting anything at the ignition. I checked fuses, but the wiring is so jacked up i think i need a new harness. The bike looks good, the front forks leak bad and its got a crash cage that has took some rash, but the frame is not scratched at all, and it has a huge rear vortex sprocket. If anyone might know some history on this bike, let me know. It has a partial army base sticker on it. the title shows 4300 miles, but the odometer is missing and also the harness it plugs into. i want to convert it back to stock, so i need a bunch of parts and advise too. I will post some pics in a few days when o figure out how this works, im new to forums, thanks

Old 10-15-2012, 10:02 PM

wow, its salvaged title or certificate of destruction isnt it? more pictures would be better some some of the wiring and where it should go is noticable.
also check out the service manual, it may even have a wiring diagram in it.

Old 10-16-2012, 07:25 AM

Yeah, its got a salvage title. I got a friend of mines dad to buy it for me from Copart.

Old 10-16-2012, 10:09 PM
Default pics

im gonna try and add some pic

Old 10-17-2012, 06:31 PM

Ok, it won't let me post pics yet...

Old 10-17-2012, 07:06 PM

Dude,

Good luck rebuilding the bike, they are tanks that are go and go. I have spent the summer rebuilding mine and have loved it.

Old 10-26-2012, 10:03 PM

i hope, i bought all the stuff i need to get it running from a guy on another forum,. now its just a waiting game to try and make it run. i bought an ignition and lock set, cluster, headlight, main wire harness, left clipon switches, and some other small stuff... now hopefully soon when i get it running, all i will need is some fairings and a dent free tank.

Old 10-26-2012, 10:05 PM

thanks cj,
hey,ur close by so i may hit u up if i get in a bind with this rebuild if u can help

Old 11-25-2012, 11:09 AM

not much has changed with my bike, i got hosed by a guy on <<<other forum name removed>>>, everything he sent was broken or trashed, omg the parts were bad and half the stuff never showed up at all. he refused to even give a partial refund so i filed a claim with paypal, i had all the emails and text messages he sent claiming the parts were mint, long story short, paypal sided with me and i get to send it all back this week for a full refund. Word of caution to anyone buying used parts, DO NOT SEND MONET AS GIFT! the seller kept pushing me to send payment as a gift, but i told him no deal unless he sent me an invoice, man i am glad i did, because he sent garbage. i did get a full harness of a guy on ebay, it looks to be in great shape and i will try and get it on sooner or later.

Last edited by gotcbr; 11-25-2012 at 04:33 PM. Reason: other forum name removed
Old 11-25-2012, 11:53 AM

wow man, thats some tough ****! that dude was an ***. glad you got your money back and thanks for the heads up about sending money as gifts!

Last edited by gotcbr; 11-25-2012 at 01:02 PM. Reason: language

Quick Reply: Newbie - basket case F4i, need lots of help