F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Newb to the Forum

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2012, 08:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gotcbr
Yes, measure twice - cut/drill once. ;-)
lol, will do. Some say to use the dzus fasteners, 1 guy told me to use wellnuts and another told me to use zip ties to hold the fairings together...

Suggestions?

Good pics. Are you really a tall guy or are the pics deceiving?

Im 6'1"

Old 06-04-2012, 02:35 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by JAYGEE
lol, will do. Some say to use the dzus fasteners, 1 guy told me to use wellnuts and another told me to use zip ties to hold the fairings together...

Suggestions?
Fasteners or well nuts. Fasteners will be easier/quicker.

Many tracks typically won't allow zipties. I wouldn't use 'em for that purpose anyway...unless you go down, have a break, & need a quick-fix til a proper repair can be done.

BTW, did you grind any peg at the track? ;-)

Old 06-04-2012, 05:23 PM

Fasteners or well nuts. Fasteners will be easier/quicker.

Many tracks typically won't allow zipties. I wouldn't use 'em for that purpose anyway...unless you go down, have a break, & need a quick-fix til a proper repair can be done.

BTW, did you grind any peg at the track? ;-)

Thanks for the info.. A shop around here can get me 6 dzus fasteners for $25 not sure if thats a good deal or not, I ll search ebay later today,

I didnt grind any peg
I have another trackday on the 23rd at MSRH.. Im ready too. This track stuff is addicting!!

Old 06-04-2012, 09:07 PM
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

Doesn't matter how much you pay trackday guys, the frontend will never be setup correct with stock springs and valves in it [unless you weigh 125ish lbs]

Don't worry about not scraping peg at the track. You have non folding pegs now with those rearsets. If you scrape too hard you lowside. With them moved up and back from stock you shouldn't hit them anyways [unless your a fast A group/racer perhaps].

If you don't want to spend the money for an height adjustable rear shock I'd shim your stock one and get the rear up a bit.

Old 06-05-2012, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by boredandstroked
...Don't worry about not scraping peg at the track. You have non folding pegs now with those rearsets. If you scrape too hard you lowside. With them moved up and back from stock you shouldn't hit them anyways [unless your a fast A group/racer perhaps]...
I did not see upgraded rearsets in his pics... IF they are still oem, they haven't been moved up & back. That's why I asked if he scraped pegs.

Did you upgrade/install the Woodcrafts yet JAYGEE?

Old 06-05-2012, 03:22 PM

I didnt have the upgraded rear sets in the picture, they were still oem when the pic was taken. I have installed the new rear sets.. and I must say, they are pretty comfortable..

Ill try to get some pics today.

Old 06-06-2012, 11:17 AM
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

If your not scraping stock pegs with the feelers still attached then theres no reason to upgrade anything on the bike yet. I broke both my feelers off the stock pegs before getting my rearset plates or upgrading my exhaust/suspension/brakes. BUT you have already started upgrading, so this should give you alot of confidence while your out on the track that the bike can do whatever you can.

Old 07-05-2012, 03:19 PM

Thanks for the comments GOTCBR and boredandstroked.

I did another track day on 6/23 at MSR houston. I havent installed my track plastics yet do to time. Im hoping to have them installed by 8/4 for the next event.

I installed the Woodcraft rear sets and it feels better then the oem rear sets.

Here are two pics from the event.

Name:  msrh23.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  69.8 KB
Name:  msrh232.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  37.5 KB

I also got my suspension set up at the track, my confidence went up sky high!

Im still learning something new every track day! Im addicted to the track.... I love my F4i and I will probably keep it for a while longer and upgrade to somehting bigger.

Old 07-05-2012, 03:45 PM

Nice pics J. Glad to hear you had a great time. Once you've taken it to the track, you're hooked! ;-)

Good to hear you like the Woodcrafts. They are great for peg & foot repositioning.

Wise choice that you had your suspension set up properly. I always recommend having your suspension set up by a professional suspension tech. It really allows you to maximize the bike's potential for your riding style & technique.

Now, that you're hooked, you'll be looking for that next 'go-faster' for your bike! ;-)

Old 07-09-2012, 01:26 AM

Welcome to the forum. I got myself a Corbin seat a few year ago and I would never go back to a stocker...
Awesome pics.

Quick Reply: Newb to the Forum