F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

New tires for CBR 600F4I 2001

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 06:10 AM
June 2011 ROTM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the Michelin Metzler right now on mine and I need a new front tire. Ive never ridin any other bike so I have no idea how they would feel compared to other tires. ha. I havnt had any problems out of them so Ill go back with the same thing on the front so they match

Old 02-13-2009, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by Aken
It depends on the type of riding you want to do.

Normal city cruising, to and from work only type of stuff, get a decent road tire. Michelin Pilot Roads or something similar (I don't know enough tires off the top of my head to pull more names, but they're out there by all major brands).

Some city cruising, some higher speed stuff, some twisty action, get a stickier tire like the standard Michelin Pilot Power (or equivalent).

Some city, more higher speed and/or lots of twisties, get a nice sticky tire like the Michelin Pilot Power 2CTs (which is a dual compound - hard center, sticky sides).

I personally recommend Michelin tires, since that's what I've always used. Diablo I have heard good things about, same with Metzler. Stay away from Shinko (cheap for a reason).

Honestly, the best person to tell you what tire is best is yourself. Tell a knowledgeable person the type of riding you want to do, get the tire they recommend, and see how you like it. Tires have different qualities that will give different riding styles. For instance, a taller tire will dive into turn easier than a shorter tire. You just have to find the one you like.
+1.....

Old 02-13-2009, 11:02 AM

Like Aken said, its all about how you ride. In addition, the PP have a much sharper profile, which makes turn in much quicker and easier. some people love it, some hate it.

I am the latter, I prefer to have a consistant radius on the tire so that I get even turn in, the PP have a more triangulated shape, so you start to lean, then you lean alot quick. its not so dramatic that it will cause you to fall over or anything like that, but its just preference on handling characterisitcs

Old 02-13-2009, 12:32 PM

I use metzeler M3. I just bought the tire last month and it feels really good compared to the old ones that i had which were M1. Like aken said it really depends on how you ride and where you will be riding. The M3 ware out faster than the 2ct.
If I had enough cash when I bought my tires I would have went with the 2ct because it has more compound in the middle.
Good luck on deciding what tire your gonna get. Remember don't go cheap because that's your a** on the line.

Old 02-13-2009, 02:33 PM

Diablo's all the way.

Old 02-14-2009, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by krash
Like Aken said, its all about how you ride. In addition, the PP have a much sharper profile, which makes turn in much quicker and easier. some people love it, some hate it.

I am the latter, I prefer to have a consistant radius on the tire so that I get even turn in, the PP have a more triangulated shape, so you start to lean, then you lean alot quick. its not so dramatic that it will cause you to fall over or anything like that, but its just preference on handling characterisitcs
that triangulated shape is the only concern, wondering how that feels? did you have 2cts on your bike krash or did you ride someone elses you knew?
________
WILD_LOVELY_SQUIRT live

Last edited by F4iMane; 09-09-2011 at 06:11 AM.
Old 02-14-2009, 01:39 PM

Just got done reading sport riders magazine and they test like 7 or 8 different sets of tires and the best were the Michelins. Read the article as there are others that are close too. Depends on what you are looking for too

Old 02-14-2009, 02:19 PM

Pirelli diablo rosso. love the lean-in, good wear for the price. all around a good purchase.

Old 02-15-2009, 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by alloutf4i
Just got done reading sport riders magazine and they test like 7 or 8 different sets of tires and the best were the Michelins. Read the article as there are others that are close too. Depends on what you are looking for too

can you post a link to that article/page
________
Children Prilosec

Last edited by F4iMane; 09-09-2011 at 06:11 AM.
Old 02-15-2009, 02:01 AM

get regular pilot powers.

do NOT get pilot power 2CT...since they are dual compound, it takes them a looong time to warm up. you'll never get them warm enough on the streets.

my buddy who was one of our fastest riders crashed 6 months ago. because of those tires...

regular pilot powers are THE BEST.

Quick Reply: New tires for CBR 600F4I 2001