F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

New Sections: Opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 07:25 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^That's why I asked. We have two right now. The "New Rider" and "Review" sticky. I was thinking only a couple more. If we have too many, it's just going to kill the entire point. I appreciate all the ideas, and will definitely try and make it all work. I'll take an in depth look tonight at the section tonight, and then get this stuff in motion. It's gonna happen, I promise.

Old 04-23-2010, 11:24 PM
July 2008 ROTM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1) A market subforum for the F4i is not a bad idea. I'd certainly like to be able to ignore most of those threads and concentrate on the other F4i stuff I like to read.

2) A mods forum is not needed. Most mods that are done to our bikes either A) are fairly common and are done by a lot of riders, or B) Are very custom and will usually stand out on their own for a while. So if someone is interested in a particular mod, they'll either find a bunch of search results, or they'll ask a specific question and will be told about anyone who might've done something similar.

I don't think it will get used enough and/or properly to warrant a forum. And because the average person isn't very smart, it would probably get full of the same questions we get here (CCT, HID, blah blah).

3) Stickies - the way I see it, there's two options. A) Have at MAX three stickies on the top of the F4i section. Any more and they're just an eyesore. Unless they're updated regularly like our showcase thread, they just get in the way to regular users. B) Create a sub section with hand-selected threads. Don't sticky them or anything, just make it so new threads cannot be created in there.

4) I'm still actively interested in adding content to http://f4i.modyourbike.com I can't write all this stuff myself, so if people are willing to contribute and help make a decent wealth of knowledge, it'll act like a sticky and help a bunch of people. Hell, I already have some decent Google keyword results.

Old 04-23-2010, 11:32 PM

I wouldnt mind a sticky for the more common problems for the F4i like the cct and fpr. But I don't think it needs to get crazy. I don't think we need any stickies on mods that are personal preference mods like the HID's, undertails, and exhausts. And no offense to Juliet, as her review is good and definitely took some time, but do we really need a sticky of a review on the F4i? I mean the bike was discontinued 4 years ago and reviews have been around for 9 years.

Last edited by teko1020; 04-23-2010 at 11:37 PM.
Old 04-24-2010, 01:23 AM

Stickies would be sweet! Can't do a search on just "HID" or "CCT"

Old 04-24-2010, 03:29 AM

I've already given it some thought about just moving the "review" sticky. It's not really necessary, even though it would be helpful to new buyers, but that's not often the type we see on here. Normally AFTER they buy.

There won't be a "mods" section all to it's own. There is a search button for that. As well, HID's and Undertails are common mods, however with lots of specific questions. That being said, the stickies would become pages after pages, and surely people would STILL make new threads. I will work on combining existing ones already, so hopefully it will make searching a little easier.

I will make a sticky for the CCTL, as that is a common problem, and there are only two real ways to remedy the problem.

I will also add a "For sale/trade/want" section for only F4i owners. Anyone can sell anything ONLY f4i related. However that will include subframes, exhausts, 600rr conversions, etc, as well as stock parts. Same rules apply as the other for sale sections.

Old 04-24-2010, 08:03 AM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

As long as ur plannin to combine the 10000000000 hid and undertail threads sounds like a good plan to me.... i think alot of us are just gettin tired of the new guys murdering the boards with so many repeated posts

Old 04-24-2010, 08:57 AM

^I'll be trying. I'll probably end up deleting most of them. Just keeping anything with either A) Intelligent comments or B) Useful info

Old 04-24-2010, 09:15 AM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

Originally Posted by Zero1080
^I'll be trying. I'll probably end up deleting most of them. Just keeping anything with either A) Intelligent comments or B) Useful info

sounds good man...

hey i was gonna ask u could we set up a "write up" folder like for the 600rr swing arm conversion write up, and hid install write up, and i know red has some ba make ur own integrated tail light write up....

and have it set up so the write up that get posted in there i has to be approved by you???

Old 04-24-2010, 10:18 AM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by zmds18
sounds good man...

hey i was gonna ask u could we set up a "write up" folder like for the 600rr swing arm conversion write up, and hid install write up, and i know red has some ba make ur own integrated tail light write up....

and have it set up so the write up that get posted in there i has to be approved by you???

Sounds like you're talking about an "F4i How-To" section. I can make the sections so that every thread needs approval before it shows up to keep out the general questions and clutter.

Old 04-24-2010, 11:41 AM

Yea. How-to section with pics would be awesome.

Quick Reply: New Sections: Opinions?